How to Keep Up With HITs Already Done

VickiF

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I see a lot of requesters saying that you can complete certain HITs only once, and I completely understand that, but how do you all keep up with whether you've done one or not. Certain ones seem similar to something I may have done 6 or 8 weeks ago, but can't be 100% sure. I certainly don't want to spend time doing a HIT and then have it rejected for a duplication. What are your tips and tricks?

jan

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I see a lot of requesters saying that you can complete certain HITs only once, and I completely understand that, but how do you all keep up with whether you've done one or not. Certain ones seem similar to something I may have done 6 or 8 weeks ago, but can't be 100% sure. I certainly don't want to spend time doing a HIT and then have it rejected for a duplication. What are your tips and tricks?
have you downloaded mturksuite? It can help with that :).

Other than that, I usually just sort of remember.

Reactions: VickiF

Loren

Reaction score
I'm new at this, but I have some thoughts. As noted above, MTS helps, but it doesn't seem consistent. Not sure why. Could just be that I'm still learning how it works. And "remembering" is good, too.

But, I'll add two more things:

One is that I avoid the HITs that say things like "warning" or "only do this hit once" or "rush!" My thought is that these are either newb requesters, or just lazy requesters who can't be bothered to learn how the system works. They don't need to (and SHOULDN'T) rely on us to remember whether or not we've done their survey, they have a variety of tools at their disposal. And if it's not that... they're just not the kind of people I want to deal with. We have options. We don't have to accept the crappy work!

The other is along the same lines. I really don't worry about it that much. If I'm doing 100+ hits each day and 20-30 of them are surveys, I'm NOT going to remember all of them. And thus, I just don't worry about it. I try to not hit a survey that I've seen before because I *expect* that they're going to weed me out, and it's a waste of MY time to even click on it again. You don't want me to do your survey twice... figure out a way to prevent it! Not my job.

ljceee

Reaction score
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by your account suspension.

Per our initial email, your account was suspended pending verification of the account holder’s identity. Per that email, please send us a copy of your driver’s license or an equivalent government issued Identification Document (ID). You can provide your ID by sending a scanned copy to our secure fax line at 1-206-569-1407. The specialized team who handles these requests will only accept the information by fax, so we recommend using an online fax service if you do not have access to a fax machine. In addition, please be sure to type or clearly print the following information at the top of the document to help us identify you:

1. Your first and last name
2. The email you use to log into your MTurk Worker account

Once we receive and validate this information, we will proceed with reinstating your account. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity, you will not able to disburse your current earnings balance or otherwise participate in the MTurk marketplace.

We have forwarded your case to our investigations team to review this suspension. You should receive an email from us once the review has been completed.

this mail came....my id was suspended without reason,without intimation mail...can irecover ny account