How many surveys can I complete by a HIT with several HITs AND by 1 requester?

user9430961

Reaction score
I am new to Amazon Turk. I have a quick question.

When I see a survey HIT posted with several available survey HITs available (upon opening the HIT), can I work the other available HITs for that survey if there is no mention of a limit of survey HITs that can be worked by a single Turk worker? OR is there a program that pops up and states something that you can not work another survey, and states that you have already worked a survey for this HIT for this requester?

I know that common sense says to work only (1) one survey HIT . . . but since I am new to Amazon Turk, I am wondering if those other available surveys could all be different in some way . . . thus it is okay to work the other available survey HITs available by the same requester. I often see for example (1) one HIT from a requester, but when I open the HIT (before accepting it), I also see that they may have 7 of these survey HITs available, but the requester does not state upfront that a user can only complete one survey and not the other 6 available surveys.

Please advise. Thank you for your help in advance.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Requesters doing surveys generally don't want duplicate data. It messes up their results since they're trying to get a variety of opinions. Unless a survey specifically says they WANT people to repeat it, I would never recommend doing the same survey twice.

You can use the MTurkSuite browser extension to help you track which HITs you've done before.

user9430961

Reaction score
Requesters doing surveys generally don't want duplicate data. It messes up their results since they're trying to get a variety of opinions. Unless a survey specifically says they WANT people to repeat it, I would never recommend doing the same survey twice.

You can use the MTurkSuite browser extension to help you track which HITs you've done before.

Thank you electrolyte, that is what I thought, but since I am new to Amazon Turk, I wanted to check. Thank you again, I appreciate your help. :)