How do I pay quarterly taxes on Mturk?

Confused

Reaction score
Okay, so for the first time in my 3-4 years of turking, I made over $400. I've been avoiding it because I didn't want to go through the trouble of doing the self employment taxes thing, buut I am currently unemployed and need the money to pay off my student loans and buy pet supplies for my cat. (I live with my parents. I'm not using unemployment benefits or whatever. I've been using my savings which is drying up atm)

Anyway, I have no idea how to pay quarterly taxes. I was just thinking of just worrying about it when I fill out my tax return next year and they just take the taxes out of my refund check. Hopefully, I will be working by then so if I still owe more I can pay it off. I want to do that but I'm scared that I will get in trouble or something.

I made $491.19 on mturk (Quartely: Q3 2019 $350.72, Q2 2019$140.47, Q1 2019$0.00) so far and less than $2k this year to date before I quit my old job back in Jan

jan

Reaction score
Okay, so for the first time in my 3-4 years of turking, I made over $400. I've been avoiding it because I didn't want to go through the trouble of doing the self employment taxes thing, buut I am currently unemployed and need the money to pay off my student loans and buy pet supplies for my cat. (I live with my parents. I'm not using unemployment benefits or whatever. I've been using my savings which is drying up atm)

Anyway, I have no idea how to pay quarterly taxes. I was just thinking of just worrying about it when I fill out my tax return next year and they just take the taxes out of my refund check. Hopefully, I will be working by then so if I still owe more I can pay it off. I want to do that but I'm scared that I will get in trouble or something.

I made $491.19 on mturk (Quartely: Q3 2019 $350.72, Q2 2019$140.47, Q1 2019$0.00) so far and less than $2k this year to date before I quit my old job back in Jan
You are self-employed and are responsible for reporting your income yourself.

If it were me, I'd just put it aside in a savings or whatever.