Hi

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
So, I'm drunkish, what better time to post this.

I started turking in 2012 after finding mTurk on the r/beermoney sub reddit. I didn't really take it serious at first, but after a few months I decided to give it a shot. I tried TurkerNation, but thought they were too elitest for me. I found mturkforum and thought I found a home. I signed up as ChrisM77. I met a lot of people then, many of which I still talk to and consider a friend. (@Vanyanka @TotalBabe @JenniLeigh) and many others. I am and will always be a little outspoken, I guess that is my fault, but I say what I think. My wife says I have no filter, I told her thanks. That cool part of me didn't really jive well with the owner and mod of mturkforum, maybe because the mod is now in prison for child molestation and the owner is a jerk requester, either way I left and made my own site.

I already had www.mturkwiki.net, when MTF let me know I wasn't welcome all I did was add a forum.

It flourished for like 6 months, nothing to the magnitude that MTG or even more so MTC has, but the people that came there were loyal, almost to a fault. @TotalBabe was the backbone of the site, @Vanyanka was right there with her. So many other people who I no longer talk to helped so much. Towards the end, mtnsurf, you might know him as DigitalNomad were with the site until it died.

If you are here you know life is a struggle, for whatever reason. All I ever wanted was a site that let people share that struggle together. I never tried to profit from MTW, even tried to share with the people that made it work; but it didn't work. I stopped turking for about 6 months of 2015. When I came back I figured I would leave behind MTW and join MTG. I did, and just like I thought my earnings skyrocketed. I came to MTG as a 4 year veteran with masters, but still felt like a noob. MTG proved to me, again, the power of a community.

Little did I know, MTG had a lot of problems of it's own. An immature owner, and a loyal staff. I think I chose wisely and followed that great staff here to MTC.

My name is Chris, not Pablo.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You're awesome, Chris. MTW brought me out of the shadows and into the crazy world of mTurk. My true nature is now exposed for the internet to see, so if any of you find me unbearably crass and/or annoying, you know who to thank for my presence here.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm so shy, and it's difficult for me to make friends. I'm so damn reticent! When I first signed up on one of the forums, I didn't plan to ever post. I thought I'd just thank people's posts to show my appreciation in some way. Somehow, I got involved with posting HITs.

I tend to fall through the cracks sometimes due to my personality, but, despite that, Chris and I became friends. Later, when the Wiki came into being, Vanyanka @Vanyanka came on board. Those two brought me out of my shell somewhat, and I really love them. :) I'll admit it, I still kind of stand in the shadows a bit, but I really appreciate all the people who participate, help, and make me laugh.

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm so shy, and it's difficult for me to make friends. I'm so damn reticent! When I first signed up on one of the forums, I didn't plan to ever post. I thought I'd just thank people's posts to show my appreciation in some way. Somehow, I got involved with posting HITs.

I tend to fall through the cracks sometimes due to my personality, but, despite that, Chris and I became friends. Later, when the Wiki came into being, Vanyanka @Vanyanka came on board. Those two brought me out of my shell somewhat, and I really love them. :) I'll admit it, I still kind of stand in the shadows a bit, but I really appreciate all the people who participate, help, and make me laugh.

I am very happy to call you a very close friend TB, thanks for being here with us now.

Reactions: TotalBabe

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
You're awesome, Chris. MTW brought me out of the shadows and into the crazy world of mTurk. My true nature is now exposed for the internet to see, so if any of you find me unbearably crass and/or annoying, you know who to thank for my presence here.
Thanks for the sig!

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for the sig!
Damn it all. Putting that in writing was a huge mistake. Of course you would say nice things to others and use my kind nature against me. :p

Last edited:

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
This made me a little weepy, and I've only just started drinking.

Some of my best friends started out as forum randos that I've now known 12+ years. I know I'm still newby af, but I'm still happy to know you guys. <3

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
ps. My name is sj, not SJ (long story), not Jess-in-pig-Latin.

Reactions: El Pablo

adaaaam

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, I'm drunkish, what better time to post this.

I started turking in 2012 after finding mTurk on the r/beermoney sub reddit. I didn't really take it serious at first, but after a few months I decided to give it a shot. I tried TurkerNation, but thought they were too elitest for me. I found mturkforum and thought I found a home. I signed up as ChrisM77. I met a lot of people then, many of which I still talk to and consider a friend. (@Vanyanka @TotalBabe @JenniLeigh) and many others. I am and will always be a little outspoken, I guess that is my fault, but I say what I think. My wife says I have no filter, I told her thanks. That cool part of me didn't really jive well with the owner and mod of mturkforum, maybe because the mod is now in prison for child molestation and the owner is a jerk requester, either way I left and made my own site.

I already had www.mturkwiki.net, when MTF let me know I wasn't welcome all I did was add a forum.

It flourished for like 6 months, nothing to the magnitude that MTG or even more so MTC has, but the people that came there were loyal, almost to a fault. @TotalBabe was the backbone of the site, @Vanyanka was right there with her. So many other people who I no longer talk to helped so much. Towards the end, mtnsurf, you might know him as DigitalNomad were with the site until it died.

If you are here you know life is a struggle, for whatever reason. All I ever wanted was a site that let people share that struggle together. I never tried to profit from MTW, even tried to share with the people that made it work; but it didn't work. I stopped turking for about 6 months of 2015. When I came back I figured I would leave behind MTW and join MTG. I did, and just like I thought my earnings skyrocketed. I came to MTG as a 4 year veteran with masters, but still felt like a noob. MTG proved to me, again, the power of a community.

Little did I know, MTG had a lot of problems of it's own. An immature owner, and a loyal staff. I think I chose wisely and followed that great staff here to MTC.

My name is Chris, not Pablo.
Hey sup, I didn't realize you were Chris! I named you as the creator of mtw back in the mturklingo days (I even foolishly added zingy to the /grind definition because he fell in love with it pre-mtg, possibly due to a double entendre, but it really got to his head so I've been so regretful ever since his ego was inadvertantly stroked like that considering how things turned out, God I fucked that up)

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm so glad you're a part of this forum and am looking forward to working with you. Your story made me tear up a bit. I'm a sentimental person, sorry. Anyways, glad you've found a new "home" and sounds like you're an alright guy to have these ladies stick by you.