Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Hi, I'm new to all of this.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VincentOfEngland, Sep 17, 2018.

1. VincentOfEngland

VincentOfEngland
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone.

I'm a university student based in the UK. I was getting towards the edge of my very generous student overdraft over the summer and I tried to find ways to make a bit of cash online. Not a lot, but to fund getting a couple of more sausage rolls per month would be nice. :) So that's what brought me here. I found MTurk from the /r/beermoney sub-reddit and then stumbled upon you guys.

Is anyone else here based in the UK? After doing a bit more research it seems that Turking is a fickle matter for paying out as a UK resident, my only options seem to be to ship from Amazon.com or transfer the value to bitcoin then to GBP. I'd like to know if anyone sees any success as a UK turker.

Besides that, I'm happy to be part of your lovely community.

Vincent

Jerami and jan like this.
  2. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

I'm from the US, so I have no advice on money transfers. But welcome! Also, you might also want to sign up with prolific (research surveys - based in GB, btw).

Jerami likes this.
  3. Martin Granger

Martin Granger
    Expand Collapse

Oops! I'm from the UK too - Like you just checking this out to see if it's possible to make small amounts of cash for little effort online.

Had no idea that you couldn't cash out to the UK easily!!!!

Glad I didn't do too much work today then! just did about 20 HIT's

Jerami and jan like this.
  4. Jerami

Jerami
    Expand Collapse
    Ooh! oh-oh-oooh! A sparkly!

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    Hello. I'm sure there is a bit of difficulty cashing out directly to the UK. That said, I think my first solution would be to transfer out to Amazon gift card, as that's your only option, living in the UK, right? If so, I would then use that Amazon gift balance to purchase a prepaid Visa card, such as...
    https://www.amazon.com/Visa-Gift-Ca...=1537485230&sr=8-2&keywords=prepaid+visa+card
    I would then use that Visa card to load my Paypal account, which allows easy transfers from USD to GBP.

I think that would work. If you see a problem with that solution, let me know and I can give it a bit more of a think.
    Also, welcome.:)