Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

hi folks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cara, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Cara

Cara
    Expand Collapse
    ad space now available

• Contributor

i'm new to turking communities, so here is a bit of my backstory :)

i'm cara, but eri is one of my gamer nicknames.
    i live in massachusetts. i have 2 teenage boys and we have a cat.

i have a problem with my eyes so i can't drive. working from home is the only way i can earn money.
    i originally signed up for mturk in 2009, but i had no idea what i was doing! i made 15 bucks and quit. i really wish i had looked up online resources for it back then.
    i became a guide for ChaCha in march 2010. i still work for them, but it isn't nearly as profitable as it used to be.
    i started turking again back in july. i don't even remember why or what prompted me to do it. i think i was sick of being poor, heh. someone linked me to the HWTF reddit and i think that's why i stuck with it this time.

when i'm not working, i play video games, watch too much tv, cook, crochet, read, do yoga, and swim.
    i like horror movies and serial killers. i do low carb (keto)

so yea that's enough about me. :cat:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Rerun, coffeeowl, adaaaam and 5 others like this.
  2. Pippa

Pippa
    Expand Collapse
    All things lovely and beautiful.

• Contributor
    Hi Cara, I'm so glad you're a part of this forum and look forward to working with you. I'm glad that you have found a way to earn while you're at home.

I am just now starting to get into yoga. I am very novice though.

Rerun, kryss and Cara like this.
  3. Cara

Cara
    Expand Collapse
    ad space now available

• Contributor
  4. adaaaam

adaaaam
    Expand Collapse
    Banned
    Banned

Whoa you do not look like you have teen children o_O Also you like serial killers in movies or general :woot:

Rerun and Cara like this.
  5. Cara

Cara
    Expand Collapse
    ad space now available

• Contributor
    my friends call me a vampire because i don't look my age. people always think my kids are my siblings. it doesn't help that they are taller than i am.
    it's just good genes.
    i like serial killers in movies and real life!

Rerun and adaaaam like this.
  6. adaaaam

adaaaam
    Expand Collapse
    Banned
    Banned

Oh yeah me too I'm 32 in a few weeks I get carded for smokes every time if it's a new store but it's cause asians get to minus like ten years until they're in their 50s or 60s then they age like a grandpa. I'm not judging about the serial killers it was more surprising on first read but since I like reading about Hitler yet I'm not a nazi I kinda understand now

Rerun likes this.
  7. Cara

Cara
    Expand Collapse
    ad space now available

• Contributor
    indeed. embrace it! i think a lot of looking young comes from the fact that most of us sit at a computer all day! so the sun isn't aging us prematurely.
    i was obsessed with ww2, and did several projects in school on hitler, brainwashing, and that led to a fascination with cults too.

Rerun and adaaaam like this.
  8. tricker

tricker
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Hi Cara! I just saw this (I don't lurk this thread enough!) and I have to say I love it when people admit to loving serial killers. I've been fascinated with them my whole teen/adult life, and most of the people in my life find that reaaaaaaaaallly weird. I have often freaked people out when someone mentions a serial killer and I correct their misinformation or offer up detailed information. I always get the, "Um, why and how do you know so much about XXX (insert name of serial killer)?"

Books. I read books about them. That's how! As for why? Shrug. Dunno. They're interesting.

Welcome to this forum (a bit belatedly, sorry!)