Hello fellow Turkers!

Max Hinmon

Reaction score
Hi my name is Max and I hope to make some great connections here. I just started five days ago with Amazon Mechanical Turk. I wish I had found this great forum sooner. I already received 1 rejection. :( I have completed about 21 HITs and I am hoping to find the best HITs here so I don't get many more rejections. I'm trying not to feel bad about it but it's difficult. I'm excited to be able to work from home and try to make a nice extra income for my family.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's day to all the great Moms!

Best Wishes,
Max

Last edited:
Reactions: TinaBanina

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Welcome! I still get upset if I get a rejection. It's normal. It doesn't hurt to email the requester about the rejection, so try that. Also, it helps to read Turkopticon to give you feel of what requesters to stay away from. Hope you feel a little better today!

Reactions: Max Hinmon

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Hi my name is Max and I hope to make some great connections here. I just started five days ago with Amazon Mechanical Turk. I wish I had found this great forum sooner. I already received 1 rejection. :( I have completed about 21 HITs and I am hoping to find the best HITs here so I don't get many more rejections. I'm trying not to feel bad about it but it's difficult. I'm excited to be able to work from home and try to make a nice extra income for my family.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's day to all the great Moms!

Best Wishes,
Max
I try to learn from my rejections:
Is it my fault? Sometimes it is, and I try to understand why I screwed up.
Is it the requester's fault? Sometimes it is, either because the requester is a scammer or just does not know how to use mturk properly. But even so, I try to learn how better to judge requesters. Tools like turkopticon help greatly, but judging requesters turns out to be a learned skill, even if you can get better quickly.

Reactions: Max Hinmon