Fraud Detection message

SuzyQ

Reaction score
I just joined this forum. I'm curious as to whether anyone has gotten a hit rejected with a message of "This hit has been rejected by our fraud detection system. I tried contacting the person who posted the hit, but he hasn't replied. I did send an email to the MTurk support, but probably won't hear back till sometime next week.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :wave2: Don't hesitate to ping the @Mentor group if you have any questions in the future.

The reason behind that message is they are using an independent system to check the HITs for them, which also most likely means that an actual human isn't behind the rejection. How long has it been since you emailed him? Unfortunately, MTurk support rarely gets involved in such matters. They will most likely give you a canned response about how you should contact the requester.

SuzyQ

Reaction score
I have good news about those 13 rejects. I sent two emails to the requester and also called Amazon support and they sent a report to MTurk with the details of these rejections. The requester never answered my emails, but when I got home late yesterday afternoon, all those rejections were gone. Makes me wonder what really happened. I've often heard that Turk won't interfere between worker/requester issues, but I'm thinking they looked into this, because I have noticed that this requester and all of his hits have disappeared.