Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Fitbit/Fitness/anything health related

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by <Gucci>, Jul 6, 2018.

1. <Gucci>

<Gucci>
    Expand Collapse
    Francis Manancis ...fuck you...

• Threaderator
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    I dunno if anyone counts their steps.
    I’m doing 12,500 a day and spinning 2.5 hours a day roughly. Also doing gymnastics & Lyra (aerial arts) & weight training some days.
    I’m dieting too depending on if I’m building muscle maintaining or cutting fat.
    I lost 85 pounds after having a baby.
    I’m not a know it all. If anyone has any tips or wants to share anything health related at all Please feel free!!!!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    JCGrey and savvylabell like this.
  2. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse
    who's gonna ride your wild horses?

• Contributor

you're kicking ass! I just got my fitbit a few weeks ago. Even with working on a farm daily I am struggling to hit 12,000 steps, because work is so painfully engrossing i can't leave my desk right now. Plus the 100 degrees outside. My office is a box so there is no where to walk inside. Blah. I hit my 12000 on weekends, easy peasy. I also want to run more and that helps but the temperatures are not allowing these simple things right now.

I also will enjoy this thread. While I suck at everything now, I used to be kick ass, and went to college for exercise science/kinesiology, so it will always be near and dear to my heart.

Edit: Graduated high school at 220 lbs. I'm 5'8. That's heavy. Graduated college at 155lbs. Now my body is happy to stay at 170lbs (doesn't matter how I eat, clean or like trash, I am 170lbs)

I would like to get back to 155lbs. :) Exercise is the answer to that, I just need the weather to cooperate more. I've been line dancing a lot with my roommate too, that should help :) That's on tonight's plans!

#2 savvylabell, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    <Gucci> and JCGrey like this.
  3. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse
    who's gonna ride your wild horses?

• Contributor
    update my fitbit already died when I went swimming with it sunday (it's meant to go swimming with...)

so dealing with that hell to get it replaced.

<Gucci> and JCGrey like this.
  4. JCGrey

JCGrey
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Dang @&lt;Gucci&gt;@<Gucci> is killin' it!

I count my steps also. I average about 10,000/day. I walk my dog everyday 1-2 miles and my kids (11 & 8) come along, we call it "family walks". Inside the kids and I use Xbox kinect Just Dance games to get some exercise in and energy out. We also have a local water park that we swim at one day a week (they have heated indoor pools during the winter). In order to keep my kids active it has to be fun for them. I have an elliptical I use while I watch tv and I do step aerobics.

I used to weight train with free weights and I loved how it made me look but I despise being sore. I bought a foam roller for the soreness but it did not seem to help. I wish I could convince myself to weight train again. Any ideas to motivate me or what works for y'all in that department would be welcome!

I use a Garmin Vivosmart HR activity tracker because it is fully water proof so I can swim and shower with it. I have had it two years and I still like it because of the notification features but lately I have been thinking I would like to switch to a classier option. Perhaps one that looks less like a activity tracker and more like a smart watch, but it would have to be waterproof and not too large. What brand/model trackers do y''all use? And which wrist do you wear it on?

<Gucci>, savvylabell and kryss like this.