Feedback on feedback

1957Teddy

Reaction score
I'm rather new to MTurking, just passing 1500 approved hits in about a month with 97% approved. How big of a deal is it to respond to hit rejections. Does saying something sarcastic to the requester get you shutdown from MTurking. I have had a couple of rejections where it was clear the requester is simply looking for free work to be done. What are the rules, please.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
It's unlikely to get you suspended but it's possible -- and there is no benefit in doing so, so why bother?

It's also incredibly rare to get rejections "just because a requester is looking for free work." More often the case is just negligence or incompetence -- in which case a polite email might get the rejection reversed, while a sarcastic email will be ignored.

Are you using a review script to help avoid working for rejection-happy requesters? If not I would promptly look into it.

Reactions: jan

1957Teddy

Reaction score
I'm still learning about the script stuff. The requester in question appears to be as new to this as I am, which may lead to your point about incompetence. Thanks for your response.