Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Extracting receipts

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by Lauriees, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Lauriees

Lauriees
    Expand Collapse

I'm a newbie, just my 3rd day. It has not been a good one. I am currently extracting receipts, and now I have a question on how to interpret "Total Price". One item, no problem. 2 items... are they looking the the total price x2??? Or the unit price? Since the Quantity entered would be 2... I'm assuming they want the unit price??? I realized I may have completed the last one incorrectly by entering the Total Price x2. So, out of about 10 HITs I've completed, I'm way below the 95% rating... probably down to 75%. Their instructions don't address this. Thanks.

2. TSolo315

TSolo315
    Expand Collapse
    SnapNCrackle

I have no idea and it probably depends on who you are working for (there are several requesters that do receipt transcription HITs.)

The best advice I can give you is to stop working on receipt transcription entirely and try to find better work elsewhere. The one thing all the receipt transcription jobs have in common is how awful they pay.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    jklmnop likes this.
  3. Lauriees

Lauriees
    Expand Collapse

While true about the low pay, I'm concentrating on getting my numbers up... I'm at 9 right now, so not a whole lot for me I can do, and receipts are fast.

4. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

10000000% this. The only receipt HITs worth doing IMO are HITs from a couple of requesters that always or almost always approve their HITs. 411 Richmond is one. Do you have Tampermonkey and Panda Crazy or Mturk Suite installed yet?

TSolo315 likes this.