Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

empowr (warning, may be a scam)

Discussion in 'Other Ways To Make Money Online' started by chuchotant, Oct 1, 2016.

1. chuchotant

chuchotant
    Expand Collapse
    I made that batch faaamous

I thought I would start a thread to talk about this site. On Sept 24 I received an email from totalrewardsinc@gmail.com saying that they were sending me $20 to try out empowr. After that I have gotten several emails from empowr saying I had a balance due me and the $20 had increased to $37. Of course I knew this was a scam and my only concern was how they got my email (its not the email I use for turk). I looked up online and found out some info (all pointing to them being a scam-including that you have to give over your paypal or credit card information to receive money from them :cautious: and it takes 90 days to get any money :finger:). Anyway if anyone has more info to warn our fellow turkers with, that would be great.

2. JoCobble

JoCobble
    Expand Collapse
    Banned
    Banned

It's possible that they are just using a brute force program to generate random email addresses. It happens, just ignore it.