Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Database Import problem

Discussion in 'Userscripts, Extensions, and Software' started by Wgeo, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Wgeo

Wgeo
    Expand Collapse

Has anybody had any problems importing a csv into the Hit Database? I switched computers and saved a backup of my DB in both a bak file and a csv file and I can't get it to import correctly. Every time I try to import either file it freezes Chrome but then eventually says that it imported 236000 hits ... Done, but the hits aren't actually there when I do a search. Anybody have any ideas?

2. Tjololo

Tjololo
    Expand Collapse

What version of hit database are you using, mine or Feihtality's? Do you see anything in the console (hit ctrl+shift+j before importing)? There shouldn't be a problem, though importing 236k hits would take a while.

Also recommend you message /u/feihtality on reddit, he's the person who wrote the new version of hitdb, and the goto for problems.

kryss likes this.
  3. Wgeo

Wgeo
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply. Finally figured out the problem was just the size of the file. Broke it down by month and it imported just fine.