Captain Codes Ultimate Swagbucks Guide

Reaction score
Captain Code’s Swagbucks Guide

Introduction: I just wrote a big guide, but I feel like I needed to elaborate more on Swagbucks. I'm going to post another section on freebies in my main post later today. I'm making this a seperate thread, both so it fits, and also because I want everyone to see how to use Swagbucks in a non-rip-off way.

Swagbucks Ref-Link: ***USE CODE BEERMONEY for extra SB on Signup***
Swagbucks non-Ref Link: Just visit swagbucks.com and sign up. Definitely use a code to get extra SB though. Like BeerMoney.

Ok, so Swagbucks has always, and probably will always, be my informative passion. It’s an interesting website. On one hand, almost everyone I read about using it, is using it horribly. On the other hand using it appropriately can give you some great side income.

The most important thing to understand about Swagbucks is that it is not a “daily” website, despite the fact that I do it’s dailies sometimes. Let me elaborate.

I do not use it as a thing that I “work” on daily such as Mturk or Prolific.

I’m going to start this with a “Do This” “Not This” sort of set up. I’m not the most articulate person at putting thoughts together in a way that flows like a novel. I think very sporadically, so this guide may seem a little sporadic, but I promise if you give it a chance you will understand Swagbucks a lot better.

DO THIS:

Offers

Swagcodes

Coupons

NOT THIS:

Surveys

Watch

Mobile App

Search

Play

Shop

So as you can see immediately, 90 percent of the features that Swagbucks prides itself on are on the NOT THIS list. When I say don’t do these I mean it both in your favor, and because I personally dislike the modern trend of underpayment in the online working world.

Swagbucks Surveys, and I preach this often, are a scam. They are dishonest and unfair. You WILL get over half of them that will make you spend 30 minutes and then give you a whole 1 cent for participating. MTurk is simply better, in every way.

Swagbucks Watch, is for pennies a day. Pennies. Pass.

Swagbucks Mobile App is just basically another EarnHoney, Perk, EngageMe type of platform. If you didn’t read my guide then I will make this quick. They are not worth it. Phone farms are a waste of time and capital to set up. You will take a year to earn back the cost of setting one up and then entire “Perk” platform is degrading slowly. Every year it gets worse. Please Please Please do not do this.

Swagbucks Search is, well, horrid. Bing pays more, but both of them pay barely anything and Google works better.

Swagbucks Play, well, I can’t even describe how bad it is, so go see for yourself.

Swagbucks Shop. I have found that other “Shop” websites (Websites that give you cash back) typically payout better, so pass.

This leaves us with 3 total things to do on Swagbucks. Offers, Swagcodes and Coupons. I’ll address each.

Swagcodes: A couple times a day Swagbucks will send out codes (usually for 3 cents) they take about 2 seconds to copy and paste. Just do it in-between HITs or something. Treat it like a PickFu hit.

Coupons: If you are a coupon stacker. I am. Then printing the coupons off Swagbucks gives you an extra penny. Literally the same coupons from Coupons.com, so why not.

Now onto the Biggie. Offers.

All Hail the glorious Offers section of Swagbucks. Unparalleled in the BeerMoney offer walls. It is the king of OfferWalls.

I am going to do this by giving a great big example of how to make some bank on offers. This will help solidify it for those of you that need an example to learn.

I’m using current Swagbucks offers so you can literally go do this today if you want.

Always think of Swagbucks offers like an investment. You put in x amount of money now and in a a certain amount of time (depends on the offer) you will receive x amount of money. Easy Peasy. I also want you to remember, not only are you making money you are also getting the product. So it’s a win-win.

Here is a list of offers currently up. I am going to tell you the amount that you will have to pay, the amount you will get back, how long it will take to get back, and what you get out of it.

Here we go. I’m going to set it up like this

Offer:

Initial Cost (How much you pay):

Return (How much you get):

Time to get Return:

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money):

Offer: Gillette On Demand

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $9 (7 plus s&h)

Return (How much you get): 2,000 Swagbucks ($20)

Time to get Return: 30 days

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): 8 Gillette Disposable Razors

Offer: Home Chef

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $19.80

Time to get Return: 32 days

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): 2 fresh delivered meals that feed 2 a piece to your door. Free food.

Offer: Dollar Shave Club

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $5

Time to get Return: 3 days

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): 4 Razors, 1 Handle, A weird bathroom magazine, and some travel kit shave stuff.

Offer: Sierra Club

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $15

Return (How much you get): 4,000 Swagbucks ($40)

Time to get Return: 60 days

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): A Sierra Club Kit

Offer: IMVU

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $10

Return (How much you get): $30

Time to get Return: 32 days

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): Nothing, some video game stuff that you won’t use probably.

Offer: Proactive Kit

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $25.94

Return (How much you get): $30.00

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): Renewing Cleanser, Revitalizing Toner, Repairing Treatment, Deep Cleansing Brush

Offer: SmileActives

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $14.99

Return (How much you get): 2,000 Swagbucks ($20.00)

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): A bunch of teeth whitening stuff I’m not sure I trust

Offer: WCS (Charity)

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $9

Return (How much you get): 1,500 Swagbucks ($15.00)

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): Tote bag or something

Offer: WWF (Charity)

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $9

Return (How much you get): 1,500 Swagbucks ($15.00)

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): Tote bag or something

Offer: Gamefly

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $9.99

Return (How much you get): 1,500 Swagbucks ($15)

Time to get Return: Instant for me

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): Gamefly

Offer: Hulu

Initial Cost (How much you pay): $5.99

Return (How much you get): 1,500 Swagbucks ($15)

Time to get Return: Instant for me

Product (Product you are also getting on top of money): Hulu

Just these offers that I have done result in this

Cost: $133.73

Return: $240.00

So you are basically getting 8 Gillette Disposable Razors, 2 fresh delivered meals that feed 2 a piece to your door, 4 Razors, 1 Handle, A weird bathroom magazine, and some travel kit shave stuff, A Sierra Club Kit, Renewing Cleanser, Revitalizing Toner, Repairing Treatment, Deep Cleansing Brush, A bunch of teeth whitening stuff, 2 Tote Bags, Gamefly, and Hulu

PLUS
$100

Not bad.

There are more offers, sign up, or login and click the discover section and start searching.

There are a lot more, but these are ones that I have done and gotten paid on.

BIG NOTE: DISABLE YOUR ADBLOCKER COMPLETELY TO DO THESE. LIKE COMPLETELY. IT COULD PREVENT THEM

ANOTHER BIG NOTE: DO NOT DO THE DISNEY MOVIE CLUB OFFER. ITS A 2 YEAR CONTRACT. DO NOT DO.

That’s the main way Swagbucks should be used.

I just wanted to post this to filter through all the B.S. I see about Swagbucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: weakman and Peachy

weakman

Reaction score
I have a question, how long have you been doing swagbucks? Is the offers consistent and updated constantly?

Reactions: CaptainCode
Reaction score
I have a question, how long have you been doing swagbucks? Is the offers consistent and updated constantly?
Almost a year. No they aren't updated often enough to be worth checking it constantly. Most of Swagbucks is a scam. People pretend like it's not all the time for some reason, but I've done just about all the testing possible. It really just is. The offers, however, aren't. I recommend just hitting all the gaining offers and then checking every month or so. Even when offers get added (bar crazy circumstances), they stay for a while.

Reactions: weakman

weakman

Reaction score
Almost a year. No they aren't updated often enough to be worth checking it constantly. Most of Swagbucks is a scam. People pretend like it's not all the time for some reason, but I've done just about all the testing possible. It really just is. The offers, however, aren't. I recommend just hitting all the gaining offers and then checking every month or so. Even when offers get added (bar crazy circumstances), they stay for a while.
Cool do you make about 150 a month from offers? I assum from previous post you do.

Reaction score
Cool do you make about 150 a month from offers? I assum from previous post you do.
Offers, dailies, codes, coupons and swago usually net me around that. Months can vary a little, but I usually fit a bill in from Swagbucks into my budget. There is usually around $50 - $100 just from offers every month, but once again, no need to check it often as once they add an offer it stays for a while.

MelodyB

Reaction score
Thanks for that info! It's helpful, I'm going to look into the offers.

Sometimes while my phone is charging I set the videos to play, not that I'm actually paying attention to them, just passively earning some SB.

MelodyB

Reaction score
Thanks for that info! It's helpful, I'm going to look into the offers.

Sometimes while my phone is charging I set the videos to play, not that I'm actually paying attention to them, just passively earning some SB.

Just ordered my shave kit for $5.00, will receive 2,000 SB. That means I'll have enough SB to get a $25.00 gift card which will go towards my WI-FI bill for the month :)

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Just ordered my shave kit for $5.00, will receive 2,000 SB. That means I'll have enough SB to get a $25.00 gift card which will go towards my WI-FI bill for the month :)

Thanks again!
No problem! If you are down on money it's good to reinvest some of that Mturk cash into Swagbucks offers.