Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

A Brief Introduction...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by southsidepurpleheartvet, Oct 13, 2016.

1. southsidepurpleheartvet

southsidepurpleheartvet
    Expand Collapse
    Dishelved Vet

Hello Folks!

I just wanted to quickly introduce myself as the newest, and greenest member of the forum, as well as the wider mTurk community in general.

I am a New Orleans native living in Chicago. I am a combat Veteran of The United States Army, and served as an NCO in Iraq during 2004-2005. I also have an undergraduate education in a wide range of mostly unrelated, uninteresting, and unmarketable subjects.

I came across this forum while researching and getting started with mTurk on the /r/mTurk subreddit. And when I say that I am green, I mean it! My account here, on mTurk.com, as well as with Amazon Payments are all less than two hours old. I have spent several weeks reading up as much as I could find before actually signing up, and am looking forward to getting started on my first Hit shortly.

I am excited, to get down to it, and see how this all works, and to see how profitable I can make it. As I said, I have done a lot of reading, mostly of info in various reddit posts. I am just now starting to go through the boards on this forum, but if anyone would like to offer any suggestions, tips, advice, must-know info, etc. It would be graciously accepted!

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to corresponding with the community here!

kryss, jan, blustering and 1 other person like this.
  2. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    taking notes

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    • Master Pleaser
    • Mentor
    Welcome to MTC! :aikon:

I would start here. http://www.mturkcrowd.com/forums/mturk-help-resources.2/
    Everyone Turks differently so I wish you the best of luck!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    The Ghost of MTurk Past

• Administrator
    Welcome! :wave:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Jerami likes this.
  4. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse