5/29 - Wrecking Ball Wednesday!

What genre of music do you enjoy most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ-DIY

Reaction score
Looks like my first rejection is gonna stick... unfortunate. Didn't think my first rejection would be for not consenting, lol. Still don't like how I was brought to a page that seemed like I completed the survey rather than a page that told me to return the HIT since I didn't consent but whatever, my mistake.
You're free now, freer than I am, go out there and make money!

GTR

Reaction score
Looks like my first rejection is gonna stick... unfortunate. Didn't think my first rejection would be for not consenting, lol. Still don't like how I was brought to a page that seemed like I completed the survey rather than a page that told me to return the HIT since I didn't consent but whatever, my mistake.
be glad it's out of the way now
you don't have to worry about getting that first reject

I was three years into turking and 300k HITs before I got my 1st one
and that whole time I worried about trying to stay perfect
now IDGAF LOL

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
be glad it's out of the way now
you don't have to worry about getting that first reject

I was three years into turking and 300k HITs before I got my 1st one
and that whole time I worried about trying to stay perfect
now IDGAF LOL
I think I got one my first week because I had no fucking clue what I was doing. That's when I discovered forums.

Polyphony

Reaction score
Oof! My second rejection since starting back up. That one's on me, though - I had Breaking Bad on and it's the last episode of season 4 where they have to kill gus. I had like 4 or 5 surveys open so of course Breaking Bad ate all my attention. When I looked back at my monitor... I had no idea what was going on. Honesty is the best policy, so I told the guy just that. I offered to make it up for free since it was a $.10 HIT.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I think I got one my first week because I had no fucking clue what I was doing. That's when I discovered forums.
Finding a forum in your first week is pretty good.

It took me a month and a half of primarily crowdsurf HITs to start looking for one.

And I found hits worth turking for on reddit which I wasted another month or two on.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score

It took me a month and a half of primarily crowdsurf HITs to start looking for one.

And I found hits worth turking for on reddit which I wasted another month or two on.
DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 took me under her wing and I immediately started lurking here (took me a few months to sign up) and I didn't get a rejection until 6+ months in.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score

I did MTurk for a day, got too confused, left and cane back six months later to find a dollar in my account. I needed money then, so I googled how the f do I make MTurk work and I saw a tutorial on one of the forums. The end.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
whats the difference between rock and alternative btw? (i barely know anything about either genre)

Reactions: GTR and turkleton

PJ-DIY

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes from someone returning a HIT to when the HIT becomes available on mturk?

And what if you're the one to return the HIT? Can you still accept the HIT that you returned when it becomes available?
I think it is instant, and I think some req will log that you accepted the hit and block you from taking it again but I'm not certain on that, I know I've been told I already did this hit when I didn't but I did work for the req on another hit, but that's mainly with survey req. I've returned lots of batch work and have no problem accepting another batch item from a req. It could even be that they req is logging your mturk id when you open their link and next time see you opened a link, even if you didn't submit to mturk and say 'you already took this hit' or the like.

But if you're thinking can I return a hit and accept it again to 'reset' the timer I think it is easier said than done as others will see it and go for it, it won't be 'held' for you.

Depending on your scripts/settings you might also be hiding hits you accepted and returned BUT are still able to accept more of the hits assuming the req hasn't blocked you from doing more.

Reactions: thedorchannel

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score

holy shit this was my EXACT experience!

Reactions: TSolo315

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: ~15 minute study on how people reason about the world | Accept
Requester: Ryan [AM3MALQWEUY91] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.00] [Pay=Good] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 15
Description: we are interested in how people reason about the world around them
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: scrmcasey

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
But if you're thinking can I return a hit and accept it again to 'reset' the timer I think it is easier said than done as others will see it and go for it, it won't be 'held' for you.

Depending on your scripts/settings you might also be hiding hits you accepted and returned BUT are still able to accept more of the hits assuming the req hasn't blocked you from doing more.
you can't accept the exact same hit again once you return it. If there are other hits in a batch, you can accept those however.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
whats the difference between rock and alternative btw? (i barely know anything about either genre)
It’s basically rock, but stuff that branched off from stuff that was different from traditional rock. So grunge, Linkin Park, Blink-182 are all played on Alternative stations. So is Metallica though, so who knows.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Basically indie or non mainstream rock until indie rock became its own thing because it became too different from Alt rock, even though alt rock stations play indie rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.