12/31 - Sensory Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
if you read on "ensuring that equivalent information is exchanged between a non-Union jurisdiction and a Member State .... I believe they are talking about the IRS. enter at your own risk.

Reactions: HelloHello

JCIII

Reaction score
I filled out the form. If you are in the US and you answer no to the very first question:

Are you registered to sell Professional services on AWS MarketPlace or for AWS IQ?

You get to end it with this line.

Under penalties of perjury, I certify that the tax information I provided on this form is correct.
Signature (Type your full name)

Date

Select one 12-30-2022 12-31-2022 01-01-2023 12-31-2022
By typing my name on the given date, I acknowledge I am signing the tax form under penalties of perjury.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For those who want to know if you are involved in AWS Marketplace or AWS IQ here is a brief description:

AWS IQ enables customers to quickly find, engage, and pay AWS Certified third-party experts for on-demand project work. AWS IQ also makes it easy for you to use your AWS Certifications to help AWS customers. With AWS IQ, you have a secure collaborative workspace for project consultations and an easy way to get paid.

Professional Services available in AWS Marketplace enables you to find and buy assessments, implementation, support, managed services, and training for third-party software and building on AWS.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

cassius

Reaction score
I filled out the form. If you are in the US and you answer no to the very first question:

Are you registered to sell Professional services on AWS MarketPlace or for AWS IQ?

You get to end it with this line.

Under penalties of perjury, I certify that the tax information I provided on this form is correct.
Signature (Type your full name)

Date

Select one 12-30-2022 12-31-2022 01-01-2023 12-31-2022
By typing my name on the given date, I acknowledge I am signing the tax form under penalties of perjury.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For those who want to know if you are involved in AWS Marketplace or AWS IQ here is a brief description:

AWS IQ enables customers to quickly find, engage, and pay AWS Certified third-party experts for on-demand project work. AWS IQ also makes it easy for you to use your AWS Certifications to help AWS customers. With AWS IQ, you have a secure collaborative workspace for project consultations and an easy way to get paid.

Professional Services available in AWS Marketplace enables you to find and buy assessments, implementation, support, managed services, and training for third-party software and building on AWS.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
that could work except for the thing about reading the whole "directive" and it talks about "digital platforms." this is everything from fb to twit to well ... us.

jondoeskii1988

Reaction score
To try and help answer your question about where to post questions, if you have mturk work questions, post them here. and yes, this new "thing" does make it a work question. my suggestion is we will all have to wait and see what the internet platforms work out about this and what it means. best way to stop it is to organize a protest against it. we've done that before. and sometimes it's worked. best thing to do is wait for a moderator, namely Jan, who is taking some time away for a few days, and see what they have to say. and watch the other mturk platforms like reddit.

I did do a survey yesterday that made me think a bit. From Eliot Min. If ever there was a sign the "digital door" as it's called is closing on us, that survey was one.

Also, there is a "tax thing" for the US, something about declaring every $600 transaction or earned amount. it's been around for a few years now. but again, it's on "hold" for now. or that's how i understand it.
Okay thank you, that answers my questions pretty much for now. You have been pretty helpful.

Reactions: cassius

jondoeskii1988

Reaction score
that could work except for the thing about reading the whole "directive" and it talks about "digital platforms." this is everything from fb to twit to well ... us.
So basically if you are not seeling anything online to make a profit, then you do not have to fill it out??

cassius

Reaction score
same here. Maybe b/c we're in the USA and it doesn't apply?
If you read the "directive" you may find that it actually does apply to us. It appears to be a way of tax collection all around the globe. sections 15, 16, and 17 are quite telling.

cassius

Reaction score
So basically if you are not seeling anything online to make a profit, then you do not have to fill it out??
you are selling your time and your answers. you are accepting payment.

jondoeskii1988

Reaction score
except we are. our time, our minds, our actions.
Sorry for being annoying with the question, but I don't know if any of you do Swagbucks. But if you want to get paid using payoneer, can you use it and use a dave or chime card to transfer your money from payoneer to one of them?

cassius

Reaction score
Sorry for being annoying with the question, but I don't know if any of you do Swagbucks. But if you want to get paid using payoneer, can you use it and use a dave or chime card to transfer your money from payoneer to one of them?
i don't play on those platforms. there are some people here who do. hopefully the will help you.

cassius

Reaction score
and ... anyone who's still sober and interested:

Handling Bank Accounts and Other Sensitive Data
Financial account data such as bank accounts will need to be shared under DAC7, which brings with it privacy challenges. Any security breach that includes information such as date of birth and bank account numbers can also result in steep penalties in addition to reputational damage. Fetching such sensitive personally identifiable information data usually requires internal approval from the privacy team. As DAC7 requires sharing this data with multiple governments, such procedures must be considered when planning the next data-sharing submissions. The company’s data privacy officer must be kept up to date on all the changes brought about by DAC7.

https://news.bloombergtax.com/daily-tax-report-international/challenges-for-digital-platform-operators-as-dac7-looms

Status
Not open for further replies.