12/28 - Weird Animals on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Me and my mother OmaOfMany @OmaOfMany Are planning on seriously quitting smoking cigs on the 1st. Do any of you guy/gals have any New Years resolutions? Might be cool to have a thread for that if there is enough interest...
Good luck dude, most of the men in my family were smokers and I grew up watching them struggle trying to quit again and again. With e-cigs and other stuff it's easier now, as easy as quitting something addictive can possibly be. But it's totally worth it, the more you age the more you're gonna notice how much cigarettes wreck your health, so it's better to quit early.

Spicy Unagi

Let the pain begin.
Reaction score
When I'm trying, I usually wake up at 6am PST and work until I hit goal. So, I usually stop around 2pm most days, as that's when it dies down. I use Pandacrazy. I just installed hitscraper and I'm trying to figure out how it works.
This helped me learn about Hit Scraper:

Reactions: Cmoney

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good luck dude, most of the men in my family were smokers and I grew up watching them struggle trying to quit again and again. With e-cigs and other stuff it's easier now, as easy as quitting something addictive can possibly be. But it's totally worth it, the more you age the more you're gonna notice how much cigarettes wreck your health, so it's better to quit early.
It's rare and weird to see you making a serious post.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Also, is there a greasyfork version of Mturk suite? I use Opera.
Its an extension, not a userscript so there isn't a greasyfork version. Opera is based off of chromium just like Chrome is, so you should be able to install MTS on Opera.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How much would it cost to watch you work for a day?
That's an old forum joke...wish I made that much.

Watching me work would be boring.
8am 5's.....noon 5's.....5pm 5's.

Reactions: Cmoney

Subhazard

Reaction score
Biggest thing is not smoking indoors. Ever.

I've been cutting down gradually over time. I only smoke about 1 cigarette a day. Sometimes I don't smoke at all. Eventually I imagine I'll just stop smoking completely.

Timinator

Reaction score
Title: Assess the workload of a given random HIT | PANDA
Requester: T-Labs / TU Berlin [ARAF31KCGJ5AA] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.40] [Fair: 3.40] [Comm: 3.67] [Fast: 3.67] [Reviews: 17] [ToS: 0]
Description: Look at a given HIT and judge the workload by answering to some questions
Time: 8 minutes
HITs Available: 366
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: Workload Expert is 1;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite
Can do up to 30 hits, very quick & easy. Wish I could do more...

Subhazard

Reaction score
That's an old forum joke...wish I made that much.

Watching me work would be boring.
8am 5's.....noon 5's.....5pm 5's.
I'm not watching for entertainment.

Also what are 5's and how do I do more of them than you.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm not watching for entertainment.

Also what are 5's and how do I do more of them than you.
Closed qual requester.
Need to be lucky enough to be around when qual hits drop every few months.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
17 Wills sitting in my queue... going to need more than 10 hours to finish them with how lazy I'm feeling today.

Reactions: heeheehahaha

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
When I'm trying, I usually wake up at 6am PST and work until I hit goal. So, I usually stop around 2pm most days, as that's when it dies down. I use Pandacrazy. I just installed hitscraper and I'm trying to figure out how it works.
ah ok that makes sense. I personally use hitscraper to find 80% of my hits. I think it would really help you with your earnings. The way I use it is, I'm looking for batches, I search by "most available" and set the price at .02 cents or higher. This is at 20 second intervals. it also helps to set an audio alarm.

I then open another hitscraper for surveys and search for anything .50 or higher at 5 second intervals. I have this setting at "latest"

I also use hitmonitor (get it from greasyfork) to monitor requesters every 5 seconds, so that when one pops up I instantly know about it

a lot of people have different methods, thats just what I do.

I also use usertesting sites outside of mturk for extra money (usertesting.com, validately, intellizoom, userlytics)

Status
Not open for further replies.