12/27 - Wisecrack Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: General Social Survey about Mturkers (12-27-2017)(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Darden Behavioral Lab [A1Z3WDC2OU0760] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $15.41] [Pay: 4.17] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.58] [Fast: 4.92] [Comm: 4.57] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 34] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 23
Description: 5 minutes or less - 50 cents!
Requirements: Exc: [-606251276-68938] DoesNotExist; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hello my friend. May I ask you what your hourly rate on these hits is? When ever I do these, my hourly rate isn't that good. its 3 cents and they take me like 15-20 seconds to complete, which is around 7 something dollars an hour at best.

Theres lots of hits on mturk that pay much better even for turkers under 5000 hits.
When you say "there are lots of HITs ...", it could help someone who is new if you posted a few examples of available HITs for them.

Not everyone is concerned with the 'hourly' on these HITs. JDs are great for someone who is just starting out, needs to build their numbers and/or has a modest daily goal. They are super simple filler and with a script shouldn't take more than 15sec ($7.20/hr).

As far as the hourly - we don't know everyone's person situation ... $7/hr (or even less) might just be the best they can do at this point in their life. It might not work for you, but it also may work for a lot of others. :)

Danielle

Aca-scuse me?
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but how do I add a watcher on TurkMaster? I click on "Watch this Page" and it doesn't show up on the side. Am I doing something wrong?

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Worshipper can be spelled either way, actually. According to Garner’s Modern English Usage book, the double “p” appears three times as often as the single “p.” The single “p” never really caught on in American English.

shhh shh shh shh

v-dizzle. the only thing that matters is whether the word has a red squiggly line under it.

stop making life so complicated.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
When you say "there are lots of HITs ...", it could help someone who is new if you posted a few examples of available HITs for them.

Not everyone is concerned with the 'hourly' on these HITs. JDs are great for someone who is just starting out, needs to build their numbers and/or has a modest daily goal. They are super simple filler and with a script shouldn't take more than 15sec ($7.20/hr).

As far as the hourly - we don't know everyone's person situation ... $7/hr (or even less) might just be the best they can do at this point in their life. It might not work for you, but it also may work for a lot of others. :)
Well said :)

GRR

Reaction score

a script huh? I do jd's as filler sometimes...what does the script do

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | Accept
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $6.75] [Pay: 2.72] [Fast: 4.50] [Comm: 2.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.08] [Fast: 4.64] [Comm: 4.04] [Fair: 4.22] [Reviews: 91] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.12
Duration: 45 minutes
Available: 4
Description: This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (undefined)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Cara

Bliss

aloof hedonist
Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | Accept
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] Contact
TO: [Pay: 3.08] [Fast: 4.64] [Comm: 4.04] [Fair: 4.22] [Reviews: 91] [ToS: 0]
Reward:
$0.69
Duration: 45 minutes
Available: 4
Description: This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (undefined)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score

99.9 percent of the time i would totally post some good hits, but my hitscraper export is messing up but i'm going to take electrolyte @electrolyte 's advice and get MTS this weekend when i have free time so i can be cool again.

so i have to stick with being a negative nancy for now :(

and i'm not trying to be a jerk when i diss low paying hits (sorry if I came off that way A @A2YIE ) . i just believe that if we all get used to better paying hits, the requesters will pay better.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Most boring HIT of the day award goes to Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley's "Answer some questions about the similarity between items for a cognitive science experiment".
This is the HIT that has no end. Yes, it goes on and on, my friend. Some turker started doing it, not knowing how long it was, and she'll continue doing it forever just because....

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
a script huh? I do jd's as filler sometimes...what does the script do
It pre-selects the most 'common' (for an appropriate video) answer, so after the video is complete - you verify and submit.

Reactions: GRR and Cara
Status
Not open for further replies.