12/26 - Tylenol Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Hope the holidays treated everyone well so far :)

Quick clarification question. I believe I am caught up on how things work now, but wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something incorrectly. I've just started for the day, and I clicked the 'once' button on a few shared HITs here, and they seem to be successfully added to PC. I just want to make sure that is an acceptable way, and that they are actually searching. I also read about copying the URL for HITs and adding to PC manually. Thanks for any clarification! This is what the three HITs that I have added to PC look like (added by clicking the 'once' button in the exported HITs here on the forum.'

Last edited:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Hope the holidays treated everyone well so far :)

Quick clarification question. I believe I am caught up on how things work now, but wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something incorrectly. I've just started for the day, and I clicked the 'once' button on a few shared HITs here, and they seem to be successfully added to PC. I just want to make sure that is an acceptable way, and that they are actually searching. I also read about copying the URL for HITs and adding to PC manually. Thanks for any clarification! This is what the three HITs that I have added to PC look like (added by clicking the 'once' button in the exported HITs here on the forum.'

That's all there is to it :) You can see that it's searched for Tami Kim 41 times, MCLab 18 times, etc. The more pandas you put in though, the less chance you have of catching one. How PC works is: it will go through allllll the HITs looking for Tami Kim, then start back and looking for MCLab and then start again and look for your next panda ... so on and so forth.

Now say one of those pandas is a batch like Pinterest ... if you click and hold the GoHam button it will turn light blue. This is called "delayed HAM". This means if it finds a HIT, it will turn green and will then keep collecting just that HIT and ignore the others (as long as there are HITs remaining in that batch). Once the HITs have been exhausted, it will go back to light blue and lie in wait for the next batch to be posted.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
That's all there is to it :) You can see that it's searched for Tami Kim 41 times, MCLab 18 times, etc. The more pandas you put in though, the less chance you have of catching one. How PC works is: it will go through allllll the HITs looking for Tami Kim, then start back and looking for MCLab and then start again and look for your next panda ... so on and so forth.

Now say one of those pandas is a batch like Pinterest ... if you click and hold the GoHam button it will turn light blue. This is called "delayed HAM". This means if it finds a HIT, it will turn green and will then keep collecting just that HIT and ignore the others (as long as there are HITs remaining in that batch). Once the HITs have been exhausted, it will go back to light blue and lie in wait for the next batch to be posted.
Thanks. I've used PC for about a year and a half. This is just my first day back since Worker happened. My issue, is that I wondered if PC was actually searching for HITs, or if it didn't have the info needed. In my first days with MTurk, I remember incorrectly adding jobs to PC, and it would show it searching, but it didn't have the criteria needed to actually find the jobs I was adding.

Since my post, I have appeared to catch two of those HITs, but PC never stopped searching for them, and it didn't indicate that it accepted any. Not sure if PC caught them, or if I happened to get them myself when trying to add to PC, and didn't notice. Hectic morning for me lol.

To clarify, when I see a HIT that someone shared here on the forum, can I click the 'once' button as I always have, and count on that to give PC all of the info it needs? Or do I have to do what I've been reading about on the forum, and copy the group ID and add it manually to PC?

Last edited:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thanks. I've used PC for about a year and a half. This is just my first day back since Worker happened. My issue, is that I wondered if PC was actually searching for HITs, or if it didn't have the info needed. In my first days with MTurk, I remember incorrectly adding jobs to PC, and it would show it searching, but it didn't have the criteria needed to actually find the jobs I was adding.

Since my post, I have appeared to catch two of those HITs, but PC never stopped searching for them, and it didn't indicate that it accepted any. Not sure if PC caught them, or if I happened to get them myself when trying to add to PC, and didn't notice. Hectic morning for me lol.

To clarify, when I see a HIT that someone shared here on the forum, can I click the 'once' button as I always have, and count on that to give PC all of the info it needs? Or do I have to do what I've been reading about on the forum, and copy the group ID and add it manually to PC?
You can just click the button here on the HIT and you should be good to go.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
You can just click the button here on the HIT and you should be good to go.
Okay, thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it! Now just to figure out why PC didn't show that it accepted a job, or stop searching after accepting a job.

EDIT*
So I confirmed, it is still accepting jobs without notifying me, or stopping the search. I have my jobs in PC all set to once. They are all still searching, and they all show 0 for accepted. It even accepted one HIT twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetiePuff

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
While editing the above post, another job in PC set for 'once' accepted a good pile of the same HIT, and still will not notify me or stop searching.

Last edited:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it! Now just to figure out why PC didn't show that it accepted a job, or stop searching after accepting a job.

EDIT*
So I confirmed, it is still accepting jobs without notifying me, or stopping the search. I have my jobs in PC all set to once. They are all still searching, and they all show 0 for accepted. It even accepted one HIT twice.
I'm not a coder/scripter ... you may need to reach out to PC creater Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs to check the settings :)

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Alright, thanks. I was hoping it was something glaringly obvious that I was missing. I appreciate the help still.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score

EDIT*
you need to update PC . this was an issue he fixed a few days ago.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score

this is why I would rather cook every GD thing myself or go out to eat for holiday meals.....hillbilly cousins bringing god know's what that's been sitting out for god knows how long......nothing says Xmas violent stomach action for 12-14hours.....lol
hope everyone else's day/night was better yeh???

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
PROLIFIC STUDY
Title:
Speed Camera
Hosted by : Itay Sisso
Reward : £ 0.50 | $0.66
Avg. Reward Per Hour :
£15/hr | $19.89/hr
Available Places : 151/250
Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
Avg. Completion Time : 2mins
PROLIFIC STUDY
Title:
Study to answer common question sets from the behavioral sciences and do potential tasks for research
Hosted by : Consumer Analytics
Reward : £ 0.34 | $0.45
Avg. Reward Per Hour :
£6.8/hr | $9.02/hr
Available Places : 25/100
Maximum Allowed Time : 20mins
Avg. Completion Time : 3mins

Reactions: Jaded

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
you need to update PC . this was an issue he fixed a few days ago.
Thanks, I'll have to see if it's not up to date. Probably the case.
Are you using version 5.10?
Nope, I updated about a week ago, just after the worker change, but never thought about another update. Thanks! I'm on 0.5.4
Does "Once" say true or false in the actual HIT setting? You can click on the word to change it.
Yes, they all successfully say True after adding them from the forum with the 'once' button. Must be the outdated PC I have. My bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.