12/24 - Die Hard is a Christmas Movie Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
I've cut back so much on wine drinking that food is all I have left. How does one deal with emotions non-destructively? :banghead:
Drink enough wine that you black out. Then you wake up in your bed the next morning with no memory of the self-destructive events

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a PT Turker with a FT 'dream job' in an industry that doesn't pay people worth crap. I think I put 1% in the 401k to make myself feel better about never being able to retire, lol.
The company doesn't match a certain percentage or anything? I haven't had a 401k in years since I worked for Comcast back when they matched up to 6%, even then it never seemed to add up well. I've kinda lucked out with the FT job and they throw 9$ for every hour I work in an annuity, I'll just have to see whether their rate of return holds steady.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
I've cut back so much on wine drinking that food is all I have left. How does one deal with emotions non-destructively? :banghead:
you can watch tv and movies of people that have it worse off than you, which is why im glad that the entire Married with children series is on hulu. you get to hear tons of awesome jokes like these.

Al: marcy, where would Kelly go to live if she only had 249 dollars?

Marcy: Well for 249 dollars, shes either living in a Big Gulp cup, or she's selling her body for Pez.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I know lots of people are happy using weed. But I'm not. I use food as my drug of choice and I don't mix my psychoactives. Chips and chocolate it is.
Sugar has always been the most addictive substance in my life. I hear that is common with Type 2 diabetics, though.

I prefer it over alcohol.

Never done drugs so I can't comment on that. Not that I'm against self medicating, to each their own. Just prefer the type of rush sugar and caffeine give me.

Reactions: lolkatB and Sondi

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Drink enough wine that you black out. Then you wake up in your bed the next morning with no memory of the self-destructive events
The problem is it makes me more depressed when I'm depressed (specifically the next day)... had to cut that shit waaaay down (and I never had more than 3 glasses in one sitting to begin with). So now I have one glass on thursdays and 2 glasses on sundays generally.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Question.

What was that website that would list all the new hits posted from all the forums on the interwebs?
I remember using it when I first started and can't remember it now.

Edit: It's probably long gone now, but still wanna know it's name.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Question.

What was that website that would list all the new hits posted from all the forums on the interwebs?
last I heard when the switch to the new site happened it went down and I don't think it ever came back up? if I'm thinking of the right thing

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sugar has always been the most addictive substance in my life. I hear that is common with Type 2 diabetics, though.

I prefer it over alcohol.

Never done drugs so I can't comment on that. Not that I'm against self medicating, to each their own. Just prefer the type of rush sugar and caffeine give me.
Sugar makes me so mad. I've had a steady diet of cookies so far today :rain:

Reactions: sofaslug

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
The problem is it makes me more depressed when I'm depressed (specifically the next day)... had to cut that shit waaaay down (and I never had more than 3 glasses in one sitting to begin with). So now I have one glass on thursdays and 2 glasses on sundays generally.
Ah, see there's your problem. You gotta up that intake to like 3 bottles in 1 sitting. Theres an invisible line where drinking goes from
1-2 Drinks -> Fun.
3-5 Drinks -> Sad and hurt
2 Bottles and up -> Having a great time and where the fuck are my snacks?

Reactions: sofaslug and Sondi

nana

Contributor
Reaction score
Question.

Edit: It's probably long gone now, but still wanna know it's name.
Are you talking about hit notifier?

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyCatLady

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
thedorchannel @thedorchannel talking about posting on turkerhub/view or whatever.
And I went there and saw Peachy @PeachyRider posting there this morning..if it's the same peachy.

I can barely keep up with this one LOL
WHOA WHOA WHOA

dont you ever confuse those peachys!

the mtc Peachy @PeachyRider is a young selfless dude with a heart of gold. He turks modestly and donates money to homeless shelters. He does nis laundry on Saturdays and does yoga at the YMCA on Sundays

the Turkerview peachy is a violent, money grubbing, womanizing outlaw. he slept with michelle Obama and Hillary clinton at the same time... DURING Trump's inauguration. He burned down that orphanage that was next to the Fire station, and sometimes, he goes to gas stations, pays for 50.00 in premium gas, and just sprays it everywhere... just for kicks!

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
yeah, I made up some gingerbread men. I smother them with cream cheese frosting and make sandwich cookies out of them.

so. many. carbs.
sugar has always been way more addictive for me than alcohol :rain:

also lol @ cream cheese. I made a bagel this morning and it said 7 servings per container on the cream cheese tub and I was like... "not the way I do it"

also I kinda like when this place gets overshare-y

Status
Not open for further replies.