Would you date Shrek?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
It's sad, for a part time job I still think $7 is okay. I had to have a shit ton of experience/requirements/degree for my $16/hour job.
That in no way makes it okay for people to pay shit for everything else.
Why would it?

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't even say minimum wage. Theres tons of hits we do everyday that are 12, 15 20, 30+ dollars an hour.

The higher we make our standards in general, the higher requesters will pay due to their low paying hits not getting done.

the same thing goes for when we lower our standards.

in 2015 Google hits paid my rent. So many high paying Google requesters existed back then. Now Google requesters realize that they can pay trash, so thats what they do
Spot on my dude.

RancidYetti

[redacted]
Reaction score
Good morning fellow humans. My wife's family is coming over for our (almost) Christmas breakfast on Saturday. She has 3 younger siblings so I got them a Switch and Mario Kart since they love playing it when they visit our house. I've had it in the closet for like 2 months now and keeping that secret is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Santa Yetti is about to be a damn hero.

Let's get some damn money.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't even say minimum wage. Theres tons of hits we do everyday that are 12, 15 20, 30+ dollars an hour.

The higher we make our standards in general, the higher requesters will pay due to their low paying hits not getting done.

the same thing goes for when we lower our standards.

in 2015 Google hits paid my rent. So many high paying Google requesters existed back then. Now Google requesters realize that they can pay trash, so thats what they do
i agree, but i've gotten blasted on here before for saying similar things.

edit: same reason i think PFAs are stupid and people shouldn't do them.

SCOTTM

Reaction score
Most irl part time jobs pay $9-$10/hr in my experience.
What I found out is even if we get $9-$10 the employer is actually paying $11-12 because the goverment gets a cut. The government gets a cut twice. The first cut from the employer,than the second cut they get from us the employee.

It's sad, for a part time job I still think $7 is okay. I had to have a shit ton of experience/requirements/degree for my $16/hour job.
Then we got the taxes/student loans part we have to pay that negates that $16.
My grandfather was telling me how he lived between the 1950s to 1980s on under $9 an hour but back then that under $9 an hour was like $25 an hour now. He ended up owning a bar and two houses on $9 an hour back then.
I guess back then the money would buy you more than now. lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: savvy and Binxybaby

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Super awesome that I deserve less than minimum wages b/c I didn't get to finish school b/c my ex got sick of "babysitting" the children. :pensive:

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What I found out is even if we get $9-$10 the employer is actually paying $11-12 because the goverment gets a cut. The government gets a cut twice. The first cut from the employer,than the second cut they get from us the employee.

Then we got the taxes/student loans part we have to pay that negates that $16.
My grandfather was telling me how he lived between the 1950s to 1980s on under $9 an hour but back then that under $9 an hour was like $25 an hour now. He ended up owning a bar and two houses on $9 an hour back then.
I guess back then the money would buy you more than now. lol.
and when we are turking, it is self employment income, which is taxed at a higher rate because we also have to pay for the "employer's contribution" of unemployment, social security, medicare, federal and state taxes in addition to the deductions that a regular employer would take out of our own pay (separate from employer contributions). so when you are saying that $7/hour on mturk is okay, you're actually getting like, $4/hour or less

Veltora Otew

Got Milk!
Reaction score
and when we are turking, it is self employment income, which is taxed at a higher rate because we also have to pay for the "employer's contribution" of unemployment, social security, medicare, federal and state taxes in addition to the deductions that a regular employer would take out of our own pay (separate from employer contributions). so when you are saying that $7/hour on mturk is okay, you're actually getting like, $4/hour or less
But never fear. There is a big ol' tax break coming for everyone lol.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
But never fear. There is a big ol' tax break coming for everyone lol.
individual tax cuts set to expire in 10 years, corporate and rich tax cuts are permanent. they will cut welfare, social security, and medicare/medicaid next year to pay for the deficit, already been talking about it

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a script for the John Doe's?

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short academic survey--at least 50 cents bonus!(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Daylian Cain [A2F7EXH2IUVYH3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.39] [Fast: 4.58] [Comm: 3.83] [Fair: 4.71] [Reviews: 33] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.20
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: This is a short academic survey followed by some demographic questions--at least 50 cents bonus
Requirements: Exc: [2023341572-68642] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In CA, US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kat8mouse

Veltora Otew

Got Milk!
Reaction score
individual tax cuts set to expire in 10 years, corporate and rich tax cuts are permanent. they will cut welfare, social security, and medicare/medicaid next year to pay for the deficit, already been talking about it
I would hope so. It's a reality that's going to hit us right in the face. That's not even to mention the health care end of it but...I know there are other treads for that so...just wanted to throw a quick word in while I was there.

Reactions: bxpretzel

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Sort video and write explanation | Accept
Requester: Hiroshi Ogino [A1302JH6ZY542C] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 13
Description: Watch 5 sec videos * 10, sort it into a story and write explanation
Requirements: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.