12/19 - Red Panda Monday!

Have you voted for Crowd Pleaser of the Year?

• Yes, I did!

• No, but I will right now! goo.gl/D5UJvo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
Sending this to the grocery store picture guy:

"Hello, I just caught your HIT "Take cell phone pictures of all products/barcodes/prices in US grocery store", and I wanted to ask whether there was perhaps a dropped word or something in the instructions? Maybe you want pictures of every item of a certain type rather than pictures of every single item in a grocery store? I ask because there are hundreds, if not thousands, of items in even small grocery stores, let alone larger national chains which can carry anywhere between 15,000 and 65,000 unique items. This sort of task would take weeks for a single person to do, assuming they weren't asked to leave the store after a certain point. I have to assume there's some sort of miscommunication here and am hoping you can clarify. Thanks."
I would have asked if they possibly forgot a couple zeros in the payment.

Reactions: Starslip

vickiJ

Contributor
Reaction score
He actually did just now, I was kind of surprised.

"Yea I am realizing the task is quite a lot so I need to take down the request and come up with a new idea."

I guess he just didn't consider the enormity of what he was asking. I kind of feel like maybe mine wasn't the first email he got either :p
I like the way he said "Yea I am realizing the task is quite a lot" instead of "yeah". I think we are all feeling yea!

Reactions: Starslip

charlie

Reaction score
not seeing one right off on greasyfork .. does anyone have any scripting the ProductRnR "If you were to select a caption for this image, which one would you prefer?" hits?

Hinatadragon

Reaction score
Yup $5 hit was fun took about 40 minutes, but I type very fast, would say 40-50 minutes.

charlie

Reaction score
I'm not catching anything through Panda today.

:rude:
cheap but easy pay:
Title: If you were to select a caption for this image, which one would you prefer? | PANDA
Requester: ProductRnR [A2BAP2QO7MMQI9] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 2.19 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.68 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.32 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.93 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 399
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: If you were to select a caption for this image, which one would you prefer?
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 535
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: Spam score 17.1 is less than 20; HIT abandonment rate (%) is less than 20; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Global Quality Score is greater than 5; Quality score 17.1 is greater than 40; Location is US; Adult Content Qualification is 1

Kallee

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received payment for that $10 Indee hit via Amazon gift card. I'm not sure why they don't just do it as a bonus, but it works.

popocuffs

Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $28.90

how to turk wrong..... but I really didn't wanna survey today.:cry:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I just received payment for that $10 Indee hit via Amazon gift card. I'm not sure why they don't just do it as a bonus, but it works.
Probably because it's cheaper for them. They don't have to pay MTurk fees if they send a gift card. They'd have to pay MTurk fee if they sent it as a bonus.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Nah, that seems to be a commissioned work. The regular one doesn't look nearly as good.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/rainabedaina/items
(And I don't have a tree here :dead:)
Edit: I think it's just a less flattering photo. But the scarf is sharp.
Saw a tiny red panda on skis as a Christmas ornament last week. Made in....
drum roll, please......
Nepal.
Before Firefox we weren't even aware of them.

exdotish

Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $10.85

Motivation today was near 0. Couldn't be bothered with any of the batches I saw. Also am not understanding at all how PicsFromAbove can be worthwhile, am I missing something? Took forever for them to load, even if I was able to identify buildings/no very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.