12/17 - Swinging Sunday!

If the entire population was combined into one person - would they be more kindhearted or mean?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

librarymaven

Reaction score

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
So, I am about to be honest with you all. I really have hated Christmas this year. With a passion. I have four kids that haven't been able to get much this year because of our situation. (which was totally our own doing, I understand that...) Every month we have to basically beg people not to shut stuff off because the money just isn't there. I have been more dependent on MTurk than I would like to be. My wife works, but her entire paycheck has gone to bills and such. Also doesn't help that mine, my wife, and my one son all have a birthday within the same two weeks. I busted my ass last week to make $25 because I heard that the local jewelry store is having a sale on a great looking necklace. Not being one to bring everyone else's spirits down, I jumped on that. Now, it isn't much, but she is done. Then guess what, the next day I have no friggin money because I had to pay on something else and we had literally no money for gas. You know how your car has that little time frame where it even doesn't know how much fucking gas is left? Yeah, that's where it was when my wife had to drive home from work.

Now, we always try to give back to those that are in tougher spots than we are and always take a couple names off of the angel tree at the local mall. My wife is very thrifty and can usually get a decent amount for like $25 per kid. We refuse to stop this because we feel it's our duty because, no matter how bad things are, there are others worse off than us and we know it. Plus we can pull some of this money in by... you guessed it... doing market research studies at the mall!

So.. (Sorry for the long rant just to get to the point) my daughter comes home from church this morning (her grandmother took the kids, my wife was at work and I haven't been feeling it...) and hands us our Christmas cards. Our church members use the directory and everyone gets a card. So I tell her, with the sour attitude that I have had, that she can open them. I don't want to and could care less. I am sitting at my screen getting more and more pissed because I have made a grand total of .15 today when I hear "Daddy, what's this?" I said, it's a Christmas card obviously... She said, "No, there is something in it..." She hands it to me and inside is $100. I am floored at the fact that someone was willing to do this for me and not at a better time too. It's something like that to make me realize that there is some good in the world.....

Piro

Here not There
Reaction score
Title: short academic survey | PANDA
Requester: Morrow [A2QJHIKQMEQA7Z] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: 5 mins, survey
Time: 3600
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98;Location EqualTo US;qual.powerpretest DoesNotExist

~3mins

Reactions: savvy

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
first HIT rejection came tonight, do they all hurt this bad? I feel like I just got dumped
:( The first one sucks so I totally understand. It gets easier though. Do message the requester though if you feel you did the hit properly. Sometimes it is a mistake on their end and they can reverse a rejection.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
first HIT rejection came tonight, do they all hurt this bad? I feel like I just got dumped
awww...yeah, sorry. They usually do feel kind of crappy. But sometimes, you can write the requester if you think they're unwarranted. Also, after awhile, I've found that some of them don't bother me as much because they come from hits that really weren't set up too well in the first place, or you find out that the requester rejected a bunch of other people, so you don't take it personally.

A2YIE

Reaction score
Interviewing Parents or Students with PLUS or Private Loans1$4.002h agoPreviewAccept & Work
Description

15 minute phone interview for parents and grad students with PLUS or private loans

Time Allotted
60 Min
Expires
in 2h
Qualifications Required
Your Values

Borrower - Student Loan is 1

Location is US
US-ID

so this one atually paid me and it was pretty quick its over the phone. so for those of us who are college students in grad school/etc cheers. sorry i dont know how to set up the format like the others yet.

Reactions: Michele

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Aww. If you think it was a mistake and you didn't do anything wrong, it doesn't hurt to email the requester and ask. Sometimes they'll respond and say what was wrong or you can ask to re-do something if they'll agree to reverse the rejection reversed.

But beyond that, it happens. It's never fun, but does get easier.

A2YIE

Reaction score
Interviewing Parents or Students with PLUS or Private Loans1$4.002h agoPreviewAccept & Work
Description

15 minute phone interview for parents and grad students with PLUS or private loans

Time Allotted
60 Min
Expires
in 2h
Qualifications Required
Your Values

Borrower - Student Loan is 1

Location is US
US-ID

so this one atually paid me and it was pretty quick its over the phone. so for those of us who are college students in grad school/etc cheers. sorry i dont know how to set up the format like the others yet.
the requester is nipun or something like that to clarify

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
For those of you with masters, do you guys have the requires masters qualification box checked on HF? Messing around with settings at the moment.

Reactions: <Gucci>

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
For those of you with masters, do you guys have the requires masters qualification box checked on HF? Messing around with settings at the moment.
I have it off. I always have it off. I don't want to be limited to see only Masters stuff. I want to see everything I qualify for.

Jessie Bustin

Reaction score
:( The first one sucks so I totally understand. It gets easier though. Do message the requester though if you feel you did the hit properly. Sometimes it is a mistake on their end and they can reverse a rejection.
It is a survey and I think maybe we can get it straightened out. It is only .50 and I am still above 99% so not crying yet

Reactions: coffeeowl
Status
Not open for further replies.