Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm new and I hear you guys talking about putting in a disbursement every day a lot. What's the benefit to doing that? Do you use it for taxes? Do you use it because you can't trust Amazon to be like a bank? Do you do that because you just want to get paid every day? Just wondering.
It's your money, use it when YOU need it.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not if your Payments account is suspended.
They do, at first your account is suspended, and you go to AP and it also says suspended, but 2 months later they send an email saying you can access your Payments. You go in there and it is all there and you can transfer once. I helped someone IRL with it.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
They do, at first your account is suspended, and you go to AP and it also says suspended, but 2 months later they send an email saying you can access your Payments. You go in there and it is all there and you can transfer once. I helped someone IRL with it.
That's the total opposite of what the Terms of Service and the Participation Agreement say.

bldgblocks

Done and done, or just done.
Reaction score
All of the above.

If for some reason your account gets suspended, you can't access your funds either on MTurk or on Payments.

I also prefer to transfer to an account that generates interest, sure it is only 1% a year, but rather it work for me than for Amazon.
Interesting, another new thing to do.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

arcyjay

Reaction score
So just getting on mTurk for the first time today. Kind of a mess, huh? The old site is there but so is the new site. I can't seem add a watcher to TM old or new.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm new and I hear you guys talking about putting in a disbursement every day a lot. What's the benefit to doing that? Do you use it for taxes? Do you use it because you can't trust Amazon to be like a bank? Do you do that because you just want to get paid every day? Just wondering.
Just like everything else related to turking ... there is no "one size fits all" answer to this question. Everyone has their opinion and what works best for them and their lifestyle. There are pros and cons to it all. After some time here, you will see what works best for you. :)

jan

Reaction score
Amazon won't keep your money, but if something happened (your account was suspended, for instance)....they could make it more difficult to get. Sometimes, we've heard that it has taken awhile

I don't trust Amazon, that's why I take it out so regularly.

Last edited:

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard "I like to eat eat eat apples and bananas" like 50 times in the past week. I think I'm singing it in my sleep.
One year, when I was teaching Kinder, we sang it about 10 times a day for 6 months. I still sing it in my sleep. I feel your pain. :wink:

jan

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Social Innovations Lab for work related to 3XWUWJ18TLPU9MXS5PW9D2Q2Z9KUUU.
The value of your bonus is: $1.75 USD

The Requester included this note:
Winnings + Exit Survey Bonus for Climate Estimation with Social innovations Lab. Thanks for participating!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard "I like to eat eat eat apples and bananas" like 50 times in the past week. I think I'm singing it in my sleep.
I hope it is the Raffi version. My kids had a VHS at Grandmas. Baby Beluga, Wheels on the Bus, all the classics. And how could you not like a Egyptian, Canadian, Armenian dude.

Reactions: jan

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope it is the Raffi version. My kids had a VHS at Grandmas. Baby Beluga, Wheels on the Bus, all the classics. And how could you not like a Egyptian, Canadian, Armenian dude.
It's some youtube thing dave and ava or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.