12/15 - The Worker Era Begins

Liking the worker site so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
It's actually not, Google fiber is in what, 6 cities? Wishful thinking but nah, we either get fucked or we get fucked. $50 ain't bad for what it is.
It actually IS. Even here in St. Louis, MO, Charter/Spectrum advertises $30/month for their 100 down service. $50 might be the NORM in other areas, but that doesn't make it good.

And Google Fiber, right now, is in 13 cities via their own infrastructure building and 7 more through something called WebPass that they acquired, that doesn't even use fucking modems and yet delivers gigabit ethernet service via wifi. It has insanely good ratings, too. So that's 20 cities. And they have eight more cities (including L.A., Phoenix, and OKC) listed as Potential Cities. And that's completely disregarding the rapid influx of gigabit internet services as well as the existing ones.

Pretending that your only option is to get fucked is a self-fulfilling prophecy - because you only expect to get fucked, you close your eyes to the opportunities around you, and you get fucked. Not because there isn't a better option, but because you only pay attention to the bad ones.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
it shows up in the hit capsule if you open the description of the hit. which does nothing if you are trying to get the hit after it is gone.
thanks

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
You could actually cut the cord now and keep that. Sling TV has every channel that regular cable has, and you can get most simply with the Orange + Blue combo (I think that's $40/month). Extra packages, other than the premium ones, are something like $5/month extra. The sports one has a ton of channels.

This is why the cable companies are about to hit a huge brick wall - they're still taking the short-term gain despite having an easy solution that extends their viability by at least a decade. They screw customers regularly. Even my Luddite mother is seriously considering dropping cable, buying all new TVs (she only still has CRTs), and getting some Rokus and Sling. Two to three years, the cable companies, even merged, are going to be in serious trouble.
He's a deliberately helpless senior (72, but acts like he's 98). Like, one of those who refuses to learn how to use technology. He can't even be bothered to learn how to use an e-reader. He knows every single damn answer on Jeopardy, but HDMI3? Oh nooooooo, he just can't even. I'm just resigned to the fact that he comes with a huge cable bill and I'm not going to be able to get around it.

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
Sling is great but the app fucks up too much for me.
On Xbox though....I don't know if it's different on other platforms.
We just got a Roku and SlingTV here because Xfinity kept cutting off HD channels and increasing pricing. It's run basically perfect so far - it's only been like 3 weeks though. The good thing about Roku vs Amazon/Google is they support all the major streaming options & won't cut off support to other video apps like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube (Google recently stopped YouTube apps on Amazon devices, and Amazon did the same to Google services previously).

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
Sling is great but the app fucks up too much for me.
On Xbox though....I don't know if it's different on other platforms.
I've heard varying things about the XBox app. Could be the area. Could be the app. I've heard pretty positive things in regards to the new Rokus and their apps, though.

Reactions: C to the J

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
For the purposes of this study, we are looking for people who are at least 18 or older and are diagnosed with asthma to answer a survey about informed consent and to evaluate a sample informed consent document. The survey and evaluation should take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete and you will receive $5 for completing the survey.
That's me!!
:celebrate2:

Reactions: bxpretzel

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
It actually IS. Even here in St. Louis, MO, Charter/Spectrum advertises $30/month for their 100 down service. $50 might be the NORM in other areas, but that doesn't make it good.

And Google Fiber, right now, is in 13 cities via their own infrastructure building and 7 more through something called WebPass that they acquired, that doesn't even use fucking modems and yet delivers gigabit ethernet service via wifi. It has insanely good ratings, too. So that's 20 cities. And they have eight more cities (including L.A., Phoenix, and OKC) listed as Potential Cities. And that's completely disregarding the rapid influx of gigabit internet services as well as the existing ones.

Pretending that your only option is to get fucked is a self-fulfilling prophecy - because you only expect to get fucked, you close your eyes to the opportunities around you, and you get fucked. Not because there isn't a better option, but because you only pay attention to the bad ones.
Oh for sure guy, let me go change ISP's real quick and pay less...

Either I get this or Verizon, and Verizon is more expensive for less. Why do you act like you know? lol.

Reactions: jenaling

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
it shows up in the hit capsule if you open the description of the hit. which does nothing if you are trying to get the hit after it is gone.
...wait, not to be dull but where exactly? I'm just testing it with ones I know are gone. I'm not looking in the right place obviously. Are the buttons the same as we had before? "Once" and "Panda"?

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

in my area it's either comcast or DSL. so i will get fucked

Reactions: jenaling

Req.body

Crow
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Investing Decision Survey - $1 Survey Follows Short, Paid Screener(~ 1 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Michael Durney [A28MLEG6URQB23] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.75] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 18] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
After taking a short three-question, paid screener ($0.10 for failing) advance to five-minute survey with $0.75 guaranteed and $0.25 possible bonus
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96; Exc: [1834063263-67799] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
...wait, not to be dull but where exactly? I'm just testing it with ones I know are gone. I'm not looking in the right place obviously. Are the buttons the same as we had before? "Once" and "Panda"?
when you are looking at the list of hits, if you click the hit bar it opens up to show you the details, the two buttons are in there now. same buttons, yes.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score

I thought google said they decided to stop expanding upon this at some point?

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out
Status
Not open for further replies.