12/14 - Space Oddity Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
The quals are visible, so I guess it's working? I turned off all other scripts and this is still the case. I have no idea what I'm looking at, lol
you're on https://worker.mturk.com/qualtable right? if you hide the console i think you can just see the rest, some of it you have to scroll right to see more columns

it does seem like something's broken, but im not sure how to fix it

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
you're on https://worker.mturk.com/qualtable right? if you hide the console i think you can just see the rest, some of it you have to scroll right to see more columns

it does seem like something's broken, but im not sure how to fix it
Yeah, that's the url of the web site I'm on. It's the wildest thing. I have no idea what can be causing that 404 error.

Reactions: ducky

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: Workplace perceptions(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Anna [ANOPDHMA327QW] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.75 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: survey
Time: 2700
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Exc: [96016137-187046] DoesNotExist ;Location In US
HIT Time: 2:40

Random Jobber

Reaction score
The quals are visible, so I guess it's working? I turned off all other scripts and this is still the case. I have no idea what I'm looking at, lol
I don't know what the 404 error is from, but changing line 230 of the script from
setTimeout(() => scrapeQuals(next), 1000);
to
setTimeout(() => scrapeQuals(next), 3000);

seems to stop the 429 error from happening to me (which causes the script to stop), but it also takes 3x as long to run
:grimace:

Last edited:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's because it's not a real webpage but the script is set up so the qual table will display there.
That makes sense. Is there a way to know when a qual is assigned?

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey for an MIT sponsored study | PANDA
Requester: MIT-PERL [A3NUHDYTCDI1G4] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.17 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.20 Generosity
★★★★ 4.69 Fairness
★★★★ 4.45 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 111 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Complete a survey. Total time: 5-6 minutes
Time: 86400
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 2 min. no code at end

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I guess that 404 error doesn't really mean anything? Thank you and thank you ducky @ducky for your help too.
I am having the same problem. Personally, I think that it has to do with the way it syncs the data. The first time I tried it, I only had 1,000 quals visible (the thing kept spinning, but I tried to look anyway). So, I did it again for longer (still spinning) and when I checked it had gone up to 2,300. So, I tried to sync again and didn't touch anything else and left it for almost an hour and it went up to 2,700. I know all the quals aren't there because I have searched for specific ones and they're missing. It seems to be the recent ones that aren't there though.

Edit - Checked again from when I tried last night and it's up to 3,217.

Last edited:

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: Answer questions about words | PANDA
Requester: Mary Hargis [A38A5G63PAR9EG] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Imagine that you're going on a trip and tell us what you think about a list of words
Time: 3600
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50;Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Blakkat

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what the 404 error is from, but changing line 230 of the script from
setTimeout(() => scrapeQuals(next), 1000); to setTimeout(() => scrapeQuals(next), 3000);

seems to stop the 429 error from happening to me (which causes the script to stop), but it also takes 3x as long to run
:grimace:
It took me a full two minutes to figure out exactly what you were suggesting I do, but I figured it out and changed 1000 to 3000. Thank you!

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Personally, I think that it has to do with the way it syncs the data. The first time I tried it, I only had 1,000 quals visible (the thing kept spinning, but I tried to look anyway). So, I did it again for longer (still spinning) and when I checked it had gone up to 2,300. So, I tried to sync again and didn't touch anything else and left it for almost an hour and it went up to 2,700. I know all the quals aren't there because I have searched for specific ones and they're missing. It seems to be the recent ones that aren't there though.
You are probably hitting a lot of PREs. Changing the script like Random Jobber @Random Jobber suggested would probably help, along with turning off all other script when syncing.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
When it was assigned? Should be a column that tells you. One of the most useful features of the script is sorting by assign date so you can see what quals were assigned to you most recently.
Well this makes sense, thank you! I just now figured out to scroll right and found the sort by date column. Yikes. :eggonface:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

Edit - Checked again from when I tried last night and it's up to 3,217.
I guess mine isn't actually broken and I just need to let it sit there spinning, not touching it for an hour or two. This is helpful, thank you! :love:

• Love
Reactions: LucyO

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess mine isn't actually broken and I just need to let it sit there spinning, not touching it for an hour or two. This is helpful, thank you! :love:
I think the first time you run it it's much worse and after that it shouldn't be too bad. I tried running it earlier when you mentioned your issue and I kinda had to refresh to see the updates, but im not sure if it fully updated

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
You are probably hitting a lot of PREs. Changing the script like Random Jobber @Random Jobber suggested would probably help, along with turning off all other script when syncing.
I've turned off my other scripts like TSolo315 @TSolo315 said and am going to try leaving it for awhile and see if that makes helps. It's trying to sync, but I think there's just so many that it gets angry.

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score
Title: Find hidden rewards - card game | Accept
Requester: Markant Lab [AEAB1I1F0RNFB] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.05] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Play a card game to learn the locations of hidden rewards
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

Took me about 18 minutes and gave a decent bonus. Depending on how quickly you pick up the pattern, it can be done quicker or slower.

It was pretty frustrating though.

Status
Not open for further replies.