12/10 - Selection Sunday!

Would you play in in a MTC Fantasy NBA league? (serious votes only) (manual draft) (no auto draft)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as people make fun of Comic Sans there have been numerous studies that show there are great benefits to using it from being easier to read for people with Dyslexia to the fact that because most people dislike it they are more likely to pay attention to what it says.
oh, yea, and include at least one error or typo.

if people point that mistake out, you know they read your stuff

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as people make fun of Comic Sans there have been numerous studies that show there are great benefits to using it from being easier to read for people with Dyslexia to the fact that because most people dislike it they are more likely to pay attention to what it says.
OpenDyslexic is also awesome. https://opendyslexic.org/

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
is that really easier to read? I thought it was difficult, and I'm not simply being contrary
I don't have dyslexia but I find my brain/eyes get less tired when I'm reading OpenDyslexic.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
3JH5MY5H4OHYEPWJBKPO5740ZUV33R $17.50
390EOHYPK43AUN3XV9WCCNT46PU3XP $16.60

caught these 2 Percy Liang HITs about writing sentences that can't be answered but I don't need $30 bad enough to deal with this hot mess, I have a headache already and they seem pretty subjective and open to rejection...so I'm tossing them back in 15m if you want to Panda them...

Instructions
In this article about Animal, you will be asked to pose and answer reading comprehension questions based on the paragraph. There is a twist! The question you pose must be impossible to answer based on the paragraph alone, but should be about the same topic and same people/places/things! Additionally, the paragraph must contain a phrase/word that seems like a plausible answer to the question. Read each paragraph, pose an impossible question, and then highlight a phrase from the paragraph that looks like a plausible (but of course, incorrect) answer. We'll clarify the task with the help of an example below.

Estimated Time For Task Completion - 2.2 hours
This article consists of 17 paragraphs. We recommend a time of 7 minutes per paragraph. Submit each paragraph after you are done to save partial progress. Feel free to take breaks -- if you come back to the task, you do not need to resubmit paragraphs already submitted in an earlier session. After completing all paragraphs, click the submit task button at the end of the page.

g'nit all...hope you guys had a $$$$$$$ day....
r

Reactions: Michele

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.42] [Fast: 4.74] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 56] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.10
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Demographics survey
Requirements: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Cat urine odor problem? | PANDA
Requester: Martial Media [A3EAJSALUFQTX1] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.02] [Fast: 4.74] [Comm: 3.46] [Fair: 4.83] [Reviews: 66] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.30
Duration: 30 minutes
Description: 3 minute survey for people with cats who urinate in bad places.
Requirements: Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US;
Ew?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Cat urine odor problem? | PANDA
Requester: Martial Media [A3EAJSALUFQTX1] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.02] [Fast: 4.74] [Comm: 3.46] [Fair: 4.83] [Reviews: 66] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.30
Duration: 30 minutes
Description: 3 minute survey for people with cats who urinate in bad places.
Requirements: Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US;

Ew?
clean with white vinegar, people!
the worst thing you can do is try to clean cat pee with bleach

D

Deleted member 526

seems like very few people are working the greg druck's. they're non-masters. I've been working on them if anyone else wants to. I wouldn't normally because the hourly rate isn't that good, but I have some unexpected expenses this month.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Michele

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I just got the run on sentence qual from David Elling but I think people were saying he's blocking? If so, I'm not touching them.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I'm about to throw back the $10 ETS essay writing hit. I finished it and will submit. You're supposed to get $20 if you do it all. The essay needs to be at least 500 words, but they suggest less than 1500. I got carried away with my opinions in the essay and the commentary and spent 2.5-3 hours on this but someone could knock it out much faster. Unless they have multiple versions, the topic is totally doable for any avid turker. The instructions are sort of confusing, since you have to do multiple parts and need to download a google extension. It worked for me on chromium in linux, so it should work for most. I don't have the panda, but the hit is "Beta test a writing aid application" by "ETS NLP Research".
This hit: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/continue?hitId=3ZPPDN2SLW7UJCQW118SZBFZ8T89EY

This:
Requester Name: ETS NLP Research
Requester Id:
Title: Beta test a writing aid application
HIT Set Id: 33QM7VBL68UVKTR2LM8ROEQTCIRQ3M
Reward: $10.00
Duration: 24 hours
Requirements: WM_Prior_Participant has not been granted ; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95
Auto App Delay: 14 days

Honestly, I don't think I know how hit IDS work. Why are those IDs different?

24 hour timer. If you thought about doing this, you probably should. More fun that CIs.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just got the run on sentence qual from David Elling but I think people were saying he's blocking? If so, I'm not touching them.
yes, I got scared away because of that. I saw one person actually say they were blocked the other day.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I passed that qual but am too worried about the HITs to do them. And they’re not great pay anyway.
Actually, the run-on sentences ARE great pay, if they pay. The hits have 5 sentences, and at most 2 are run-ons needing correction. Usually there is 1 run-on, and you need to add a period and capitalize a letter.

Reactions: Turtlefemm
Status
Not open for further replies.