Contributor
Reaction score
let me pull back the covers...

joel osteen doesnt care about me and you
but he smart

big house
whips
big arena to do his sermons in
Conservative Christians call what Joel Osteen preaches the prosperity gospel, and argue that it's not really in line with what the Bible actually preaches...as in Jesus never promised an easy life, regardless of who you professed your faith to. The Bible is full of people who struggled, and a lot of what I have heard being preached is that we are all sinners deserving of hell and it's only through God's grace that we aren't all sent there.

Edit: I'm doing my best to keep my personal beliefs out of this, so take it all with a grain of salt and believe what ever makes you happy.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Conservative Christians call what Joel Osteen preaches the prosperity gospel, and argue that it's not really in line with what the Bible actually preaches...as in Jesus never promised an easy life, regardless of who you professed your faith to. The Bible is full of people who struggled, and a lot of what I have heard being preached is that we are all sinners deserving of hell and it's only through God's grace that we aren't all sent there.

Edit: I'm doing my best to keep my personal beliefs out of this, so take it all with a grain of salt and believe what ever makes you happy.
its late night MTC... no restrictions
let your beliefs soar

in all seriousness i respect your beliefs
i shitpost a lot on this forum at times
and i dont mean to offend you if i ever have

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
FFS, maybe instead of putting labels on everything, we could accept that there are those with beliefs that are different from our own who are just as normal as we are?

Reactions: JenniLeigh

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
its late night MTC... no restrictions
let your beliefs soar

in all seriousness i respect your beliefs
i shitpost a lot on this forum at times
and i dont mean to offend you if i ever have
Youve never offended me at all. I'm a believer, but I'm exposed to a lot of preaching styles that I don't necessarily whole heatedly agree with.

Someone once said that if you're looking for the perfect church, you're never going to find it because well, we're all people and we are far from perfect. With that understanding, Christian's do more harm to the reputation of the religion than anything else, and It's easy for a non believer to look at Christian's and say " I don't want to be like that"

I'll leave it at that..

Status
Not open for further replies.