Reactions: jan

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Bird Search: Part Two | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Charley Wu [A1GBQHCZ1CQO0E] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Reward: $1.25
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: A fun game with bonus rewards available. Part of a research project studying human learning and search.
Requirements: BirdSearchBadge has been granted; Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8
if u did part 1 yesterday

GRR

Reaction score
well, if it doesn't, but it starts to look like it should, I can do that myself.
I have a bottle of silver nitrate that was prescribed to me when I had an infection in my thumb that looked similar.
30 years ago I got frost nick climbing on Mt Washington...took 2 months for my big toenails to come off! They used to be sensitive but not anymore...just big ugly toes hah hah!

Reactions: jan

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
30 years ago I got frost nick climbing on Mt Washington...took 2 months for my big toenails to come off! They used to be sensitive but not anymore...just big ugly toes hah hah!
yea, that's why silver nitrate is so useful. you just put a bit of it on the area you want to burn away and tape/bandage it there for a while.
you don't even have to peel off the rest of the nail, the silver literally eats it, it's amazing
burns a little though.
as long as the bed doesn't get damaged, the new nail grows in the same.
no one looking at my right thumb would know there wasn't a nail there at one point

Reactions: GRR and A6_Foul_Out

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
no one looking at my right thumb would know there wasn't a nail there at one point
you can't say the same about my toenails though.
fifteen years ago they were all pulled out during a traumatic event, and only eight of them grew back normal.
my daughter's mom used to call one of my nails that grew back wrong 'the dragon nail' or the 'dragon claw'

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
IDK. It depends on how you word your email, I suppose :). I think you could say it helpfully - also, I've flat out told requesters that if they have exceptionally poor reviews, not only will they not get workers easily - their statistical results will be skewed and not valid. IF they get any workers, it will be the few who are very desperate for money - that's not a 'normal' sample of mturk. That jeopardizes their research.
but if their research doesn't explain that such an outside influence as a third party rating site exists,
on paper it may not be known to be invalid
so while it might not be useful research in the long run, they'll still get their grades today.
and many people are more interested in the immediate approval, and not actually concerned with what one or two people have emailed in, what with their seemingly unrealistic claims of TO reports somehow jeopardizing their work.

naturally, since we work on this end, we are very well aware that many people simply don't accept tasks from requesters that have red stats

but the requester might think you're exaggerating. they may not realize the reach that the TO has

Last edited:
Reactions: GRR and jan

jan

Reaction score
but if their research doesn't explain that such an outside influence as a third party rating site exists,
on paper it may not be known to be invalid
so while it might not be useful research in the long run, they'll still get their grades today.
and many people are more interested in the immediate approval, and not actually concerned with what one or two people have emailed in, what with their seemingly unrealistic claims of TO reports somehow jeopardizing their work.

naturally, since we work on this end, we are very well aware that many people simply don't accept tasks from requesters that have red stats

but the requester might think you're exaggerating. they may not realize the reach that the TO has
well, that's true. Lots of academic papers don't do a good job - especially if this was just a master's student (PhD would probably do better.....but not always......).

I think social science research is always a bit squishy. All of it.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
well, that's true. Lots of academic papers don't do a good job - especially if this was just a master's student (PhD would probably do better.....but not always......).

I think social science research is always a bit squishy. All of it.
if it was an exact science, wouldn't they have run out of surveys by now?
and wouldn't we have way less opportunities?

or is that because the social intelligence is a constantly evolving monster?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Attitudes Towards Purchasing Sexual Services for Buyers: WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content | PANDA
Requester: Bridget Welch [AWYUDESA6PNT3] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.33] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 11] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $2.50
Duration: 60 minutes
Description: You must be a US Citizen, over the age of 18, and be a male who has exchanged money or something of value for sexual services at least once to complete this survey.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Total approved HITs is greater than 5000; Location is US; Adult Content Qualification is 1

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
started to do a hit. i was on a paragraph writing page. had no idea what to write, so i went pee.
came back, browser crashed. i restarted.

clicked the link for the survey again.. and the survey had a completely different layout and all. no writing!
my lucky day lol

A6_Foul_Out

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A 5-minute short survey(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Doris Du [A3TAANB42E9O9F] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Reward: $0.40
Duration: 20 minutes
Available: 9
Description: A 5-minute short survey about your opinions
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [63641697-66246] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 88; Location is one of: US;

A6_Foul_Out

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Quick Demographic Survey(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Memory Consortium [A1U8L6U4NJ51RM] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.38] [Fast: 3.88] [Comm: 3.93] [Fair: 4.12] [Reviews: 90] [ToS: 4]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.03
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 8
Description: Quick demographic survey in order to grant qualifications for future tasks
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; fa4b97f7 has not been granted; Exc: [64803709-66316] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is one of: US;

GRR

Reaction score

Bad Turkey

Reaction score
I haven't seen a Dermot hit in several days now. I guess all the semantics have been investigated :(

Reactions: Nuramazing
Reaction score
any chromes scripts out there to increase button sizes? I mean like radio buttons, even submit buttons, hehe. Tired of clicking on tiny controls.
But I don't want a general zoom in tool. I want to keep text size the same, just increase size of controls....
Does this exist? :)

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
any chromes scripts out there to increase button sizes? I mean like radio buttons, even submit buttons, hehe. Tired of clicking on tiny controls.
But I don't want a general zoom in tool. I want to keep text size the same, just increase size of controls....
Does this exist? :)
mmmturkeybacon embigggen radio buttons and checkboxes
or mturk larger radio buttons and checkboxes

A6_Foul_Out

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Reactions to workplace offenses (20 to 30 minutes; part 1 of 2) | PANDA
Requester: Leafer Lab [A18F1SLY4FO800] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.88] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 4 hours
Description: FULL TIME EMPLOYEES who have experienced a RECENT WORKPLACE OFFENSE wanted to complete two questionnaires separated by one week. Recall an event and answer questions.
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 85; Location is US;

A6_Foul_Out

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Write Original Job Descriptions of 250 Words | PANDA
Requester: Virtual Worker [A163A5ZMUKOOV6] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.94] [Fast: 3.52] [Comm: 3.06] [Fair: 3.52] [Reviews: 57] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $4.25
Duration: 2 hours
Description: Read a selection of 2-3 job postings and then write a generic description for that type of job.
Requirements: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Status
Not open for further replies.