Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Aww, but I can't view the savages who secretly like parades.

I was in a 4th of July parade one year when I was eight or nine and it was about 104 degrees out. I remember wearing this big dumb cardboard thing (I don't even remember what I was dressed up as) and the whole time I remember just feeling like I was dying and wanting some water. I also remember going to a parade and getting clocked in the head by a piece of hard candy.
:whistle2: :whistle2: :whistle2: :whistle2: :whistle2:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
All the parade hate is just warming my heart so much. You guys don't understand. Everyone makes fun of me for hating parades. I have found my people ?
I'm feeling the love too, lol. You have no idea the amount of guilt trips from both sides of the family we get. Some messed up stuff has been said because we don't want to subject our daughter to hell on earth they refer to as a parade.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
I must be going to the wrong parades. All of the ones I have ever been to folks just wave at the marching bands as they go by and cheer as the floats go by. The only weird experience I can recall watching a parade was one time the little Shriner's go-kart had it's steering wheel fall off and he went careening into the shrubbery in front of the Burger King and eventually came to rest next to the drive-thru board.

Questicle

Reaction score
Do you like parades?

No. Living on the main parade route in a small town ruined that forever for me. Memorable moments include:
  • Not realizing there was a parade and being woken up by the firetruck about 20ft from my bedroom window.
  • Having people think they were going to just sit on my front porch
  • People blocking my driveway with their chairs hours before the parade starts
  • Other people's kids being mean to my kids IN MY YARD and the parents doing nothing.
  • Kids just going in our yard to play on the swingset
  • Some lady being mad I wouldn't let her use my bathroom (there was a gas station across the street)
I feel this so much. I work nights and sometimes have to wait for a parade to finish just so I can go home and go to bed. Fuck parades.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, how could I forget about the section of the parade of big, ultra creepy old men that smelled of cigars and booze handing out paper flowers and forcing cheek kisses on the young girls. I must have buried this memory along with many others. I'll never understand why everyone thought it was okay or harmless, even. Ugh.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING

TRUE STORY:

I was in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade a few years in a row (b/c I'm local to it, hate watching it, and if I'm in it I didn't have to watch it. Also c'mon super cool.)

One year the Weebles were in it and they were behind us. They moved SO-FAST I got to run like 60 city blocks trying to avoid being flattened by a weeble. And they did wobble a lot but never once fell down. They were like 30 ft tall and I still have nightmares.
Whatever this thing is, isn't happy that you don't like parades...

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
When I was really little we lived in Florida and for some reason they thought it would be super cute if some of the kids from our school walked, yes, walked in the Christmas parade there. It was almost 100 degrees that day. I was 5 years old. We all had to wear regular clothes, long sleeves and long pants and then "pajamas" overtop of them and carry a stuffed animal. My sister just had to wear jeans and a short sleeve school shirt and twirl a baton, and she got to wear the cool santa hat. I was super jelly. By the time the parade was over everyone was red faced and sweating, in desperate need of water. Parades were ruined for me.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Research Study - Answer questions about experiences and ideas 10 minutes | Accept
Requester: mhc [A1NGN2AHMDXW0X] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.69] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: You will read some information and answer some questions
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Title: 15-minute academic survey with $1.50 completion award and the chance to earn additional payment.(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Labor Experiment20 [A1F9YCOYH0B6A4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.24] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:10:00
Available: 0
Description: This HIT is for a research study. You will receive a guaranteed payment of $1.50 upon completion and have the chance to earn additional payment that will equal anywhere from $0 to $1.35. This study asks you to make a series of decisions. These decisions may impact your additional payment.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Investment decisions (Bonuspayment $ 0 - 8.24) | Accept
Requester: Steve Heinke [A1Q6GCY63823JR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.43] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Available: 1
Description: In this online study, you will make investment decisions. The participation lasts approx. 10 - 15 minutes and you receive $ 0.50 for completion. In addition, based on your decisions, you will receive a bonus payment between $ 0.00 and $ 8.23

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Investment decisions (Bonuspayment $ 0 - 8.24) | Accept
Requester: Steve Heinke [A1Q6GCY63823JR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.43] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Available: 1
Description: In this online study, you will make investment decisions. The participation lasts approx. 10 - 15 minutes and you receive $ 0.50 for completion. In addition, based on your decisions, you will receive a bonus payment between $ 0.00 and $ 8.23
I got $4 out of this one in bonus. Probably impossible to get the entire $8.23, unless you're really lucky.

shellsy515

Reaction score
B/c if I was IN the parade it was over by the time I got home and I never had to watch it! So I got to dress up like a clown, stuff my "shirt" sleeves with confetti and throw it at kids for a few hours, and meet neat people! Like we met Dolly Parton one year and Joe Nameth one year (idk if I spelled that right) it was neat! And I got out of watching it.

If you would like to be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade all you have to do is be a Macy's Employee, which is... not a worthwhile tradeoff tbh.
Now that does sound fun...especially the throwing confetti part.

Status
Not open for further replies.