12/04 - Tokyo Tuesday!

What do you prefer when you eat pizza?

• Softer Crust

• Harder Crust

• I don't care, I just want pizza in my face.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
The relog could be your problem right there. Getting logged out can wreck a queue. I didn't catch what the timer was on these missing HITs, but no matter what any turking tool/script says, the ultimate record of whether you submitted HITs will be your AMT dashboard page. Anytime you have a concern about whether HITs are submitting, get a general webpage auto-refresh extension, set a tab on the dashboard on a regular interval and stick the line w/ your HIT count in a corner of the screen. Then you can spot check in real time. I've never heard of anyone prevailing over Amazon's record of events in this sort of dispute.
Well apparently that meme isn't going to sail here.

(I was gonna put a funny GIF in here, but I'm never gonna finish this test if I don't do it)

Last edited:
Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The relog could be your problem right there. Getting logged out can wreck a queue. I didn't catch what the timer was on these missing HITs, but no matter what any turking tool/script says, the ultimate record of whether you submitted HITs will be your AMT dashboard page. Anytime you have a concern about whether HITs are submitting, get a general webpage auto-refresh extension, set a tab on the dashboard on a regular interval and stick the line w/ your HIT count in a corner of the screen. Then you can spot check in real time. I've never heard of anyone prevailing over Amazon's record of events in this sort of dispute.
There would be proof if there were submitted audio data to the requester that didn't match with a submitted HIT.(3HITs 5 uploads, etc.) They would have that info, if the were willing to check. And, AMT may not do much for workers but, in this case, the requester may be willing to make a dummy HIT to pay for subbed audio data that didn't go with a HIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: SherryNotShirley

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
There would be proof if there were submitted audio data to the requester that didn't match with a submitted HIT. They would have that info, if the were willing to check. And, AMT may not do much for workers but, in this case, the requester may be willing to make a dummy HIT to pay for subbed audio data.
True...that would be worth an email.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Not sure what point you're trying to make with Amazon at this point but let's dial the misogyny back a bit, please.
I like this system. We should have one Mod and one Mentor for every user.:p
True...that would be worth an email.
Yup. Something like, "I see from AMT's dashboard that I've only been paid for 3 HITs yet, I know that I submitted 5 uploads on the change-over between 12/3 and 12/4. Would it be possible to check your records to confirm that I have, in fact, been paid for all 5 uploads? I like doing these HITs and would be happy to continue, if I'm paid properly for my effort. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer in regards to this situation."

Last edited:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I sent a message (actually two) to the requester, the first describing the issue and the second saying I was going to check with Amazon, though it sounds like the latter might not be very productive after all.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Morning, turkeys. Looks like the overnight crowd had a lot going on. Too bad there's crap for HITs this morning.
4-6 am EST is always pretty dead for me. The witching hours, lol. Prolific usually wakes up first, for me. That said, I can usually make $10-$15 before everyone else gets up. Less work but, less competition for what little there is.:) Morning:coffee4:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
HIT: "Please answer a survey (about 3 minutes)(~ 3 minutes)" Is a scam. They get you to fill out the survey and then screen you out at the end to avoid payment.
I don't see it. Requester?
Sounds like a Pirc HIT.

If it is a Pirc HIT, I'd block him. If not, I'd still block him.:D

Some people have made it through his studies but, not many.

Last edited:
Reactions: greg

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
4-6 am EST is always pretty dead for me. The witching hours, lol. Prolific usually wakes up first, for me. That said, I can usually make $10-$15 before everyone else gets up. Less work but, less competition for what little there is.:) Morning:coffee4:
Same here. I almost always catch $6-8 in surveys when I wake up. Sometimes I'll do batches, but there aren't even any of those to do this morning.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Write sentences to enhance question | Accept
Requester: Quinn Botto [A3Q2AW4YWVN2IB] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.97] [Pay=4.60] [Fast=null] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.13] [Fast=4.20] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=3.29] [Reviews=16] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.71] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 2:30:00
Available: 2
Description: Write sentences before or after given question to enhance question.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Good requester. Probably a quick HIT, if you don't overthink them.[/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Linguistics study - read and judge sentences | Accept
Requester: Kenny Baclawski [A309A15CYK2IWI] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.63] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Read conversations in English and rate sentences based on how good they sound to you
Qualifications: Location In CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.