coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yea got a temporary card yesterday and everything has been reversed already except one $25 charge.

Was a bit scary as Mia was running out of diapers so if there was an issue down there and we couldn't get a card....I don't know what we would have done....pawn shit?....ask my mom to wire money?....none of the options sounded good.

Really ruined my 4 day weekend.
Ugh! Thieves are the worst. And trust me I've been there. Panic mode. If you don't know exactly how much you can sell your stuff for then you have never been poor.

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 36. I am quite sure my last cookie was before I turned five. because I remember in preschool refusing them and making a big scene about not liking them.
:o For some reason, I thought you were one of the young'uns. lol

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh! Thieves are the worst. And trust me I've been there. Panic mode. If you don't know exactly how much you can sell your stuff for then you have never been poor.
It really was the worst timing possible. CJ had just placed two major black Friday Christmas orders for the boy the night before, we were out of food, almost out of diapers, and almost out of gas :cliff:

Then when we went to the bank, they were really rude and told us to go home and call instead....and of course they said to go back to the bank. I was worried we would run out of gas and get stranded from it all before we got access to the account again.

hamster wheel

Reaction score
Good morning!

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 819

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 785
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $1.58
- HIT reward earned: $56.78
- Total Amount earned this week: $58.36

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It really was the worst timing possible. CJ had just placed two major black Friday Christmas orders for the boy the night before, we were out of food, almost out of diapers, and almost out of gas :cliff:

Then when we went to the bank, they were really rude and told us to go home and call instead....and of course they said to go back to the bank. I was worried we would run out of gas and get stranded from it all before we got access to the account again.
I would have been soooo upset.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

That is so scary. Completely sucks that happened to you guys!

I keep an emergency cash stash just in case something like this happens to me. I was in a similar situation (couldn't access my accounts) several years ago, but I had a credit card to use until it got straightened out. After that I started stashing a little cash away a bit at a time to build up the emergency fund (not a lot, just enough to cover basics for a few days) so I wasn't stuck using a credit card.

It's scary shit when you can't access your own money! And we are all reliant on technology now so when that goes bad it's frustrating to fix.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Oh yes, I've dealt with rude bank people before. Looking at you Wells Fargo. :angry2:

It is one of the main reasons I went back to a local bank when I moved states. Along with avoiding the outrageous fees so many larger banks increase every year. I know people there who can help me if someone is getting snippy.

Very happy you weren't stranded!

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 194

- Number of HITs approved: 237
- Bonus reward earned: $17.58
- HIT reward earned: $201.39
- Total Amount earned this week: $218.97

Just 1!!!!

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Nov 25, 2017.

- Number of HITs submitted: 1,736

- Number of HITs approved: 2,095
- HIT reward earned: $233.05
- Total Amount earned this week: $233.05

Good week! Not as confident with this week though the way today is going so far.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
This is what happens when you barely work all week on mturk (and at the other job, as I left there Wed at noon).

But I had a good meal, put up all of my outdoor Christmas lights (which is a ginormous task), and my son made his debut as a vendor at the annual Saturday after Thanksgiving crafts faire in our downtown.

Hopefully this week will be better turking wise!

- Number of HITs submitted: 114

- Number of HITs approved: 123
- HIT reward earned: $27.30
- Total Amount earned this week: $27.30

sweetpea0678

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Nov 25, 2017.

- Number of HITs submitted: 2,684

- Number of HITs approved: 3,265
- Bonus reward earned: $6.20
- HIT reward earned: $112.53
- Total Amount earned this week: $118.73

I really need to do better. Hopefully this week I have more time.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
To be fair I spent my Friday dealing with cockmonglers charging 100s of dollars of Itunes gift cards to my debit card.
Let me know if you run into issues but sounds like you have it straightened out.

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This is what happens when you barely work all week on mturk (and at the other job, as I left there Wed at noon).

But I had a good meal, put up all of my outdoor Christmas lights (which is a ginormous task), and my son made his debut as a vendor at the annual Saturday after Thanksgiving crafts faire in our downtown.

Hopefully this week will be better turking wise!

- Number of HITs submitted: 114

- Number of HITs approved: 123
- HIT reward earned: $27.30
- Total Amount earned this week: $27.30
How did the fair turn out for your son? I remember you talking about it last week (I think). I hope it went well!

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: scrmcasey

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
The day after Black Friday up until Christmas Eve is the time of the year where I try not to drink at all, just to have a month out of the year to reset. Last year I made it a week. Let's see if I can make it longer this year! :LOL:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
How did the fair turn out for your son? I remember you talking about it last week (I think). I hope it went well!
It went ok. Not as great as we had hoped, but not as bad as we had feared. He sold about 1/3 of his stock. We did learn a LOT of things that will help for next year. We have a lot of scarves to store, but I think we are going to unravel some of the larger ones and he will make them into two smaller ones. People seemed to prefer the smaller scarves. A few really big thick ones sold, but not as many as we thought would sell. (edit: truth be told, he'll make more money making them into two smaller scarves than one large thick one.)

and I learned making scarves in the colors of the local sports teams is a bad idea. Fans don't want to buy them. They commented on them, but not ONE sold in full size (the pet sized ones did, lol...he sold out of the pet/mini scarves pretty fast).

However, my kid did great. He kept up smiling, stayed engaged, learned to "market" his scarves better towards the end of the night. And he's not defeated and is willing to try again next year.

Last edited:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.