Cookies or cake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakey baby

Certified Muppet
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna get in trouble for posting this.. but please guys, avoid this requester:
Chih-Chung Ting
A38QT55WNS58AX

I've only been doing this for like a month and 1/2, I haven't experienced scammers much. Whoever this is... scammer.
Yep I said the same thing yesterday. His TO is super bad aswell.

Reactions: <Gucci>

jakey baby

Certified Muppet
Reaction score
Morning everyone!!!!!!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Nov 25, 2017.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 55

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 37
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $0.65
- HIT reward earned: $31.51
- Total Amount earned this week: $32.16

hurray :D

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning all!

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Nov 25, 2017.

- Number of HITs submitted: 1,804

- Number of HITs approved: 2,423
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- HIT reward earned: $225.61
- Total Amount earned this week: $225.61

PandaMaquina

I'm the person your HIT was assigned to
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 523

- Number of HITs approved: 533
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- Bonus reward earned: $7.02
- HIT reward earned: $82.35
- Total Amount earned this week: $89.37

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
when you message a requester through their name link, is it amazon Mturk that fills in your entire first/last name?

because when I get replies from requesters, it displays my entire name, and my mturk ID
I thought it was a violation of the ToS for a requester to have access to personally identifiable information

or is it only ToS violation if the requester ASKS for that info, and not if they receive it unrequested?
obviously, in such cases, it isn't the requester who intended to receive the information.
technically because such information was released as contact was attempted, some of the requesters might be required by their IRB to discount and remove that user's data, one would think.

Last edited:

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
when you message a requester through their name link, is it amazon Mturk that fills in your entire first/last name?

because when I get replies from requesters, it displays my entire name, and my mturk ID
I thought it was a violation of the ToS for a requester to have access to personally identifiable information

or is it only ToS violation if the requester ASKS for that info, and not if they receive it unrequested?
obviously, in such cases, it isn't the requester who intended to receive the information, but technically because such information was released as contact was attempted, some of the requesters might be required by their IRB to discount and remove that user's data, one would think.
It sends it from your email that's attached to your account, so if your email has your name listed then it will show on the email the requester gets.

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
It also sends the name attached to your account.
That's odd, requesters respond to me with the name on the email, not the name on my account which are very different.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
It sends it from your email that's attached to your account, so if your email has your name listed then it will show on the email the requester gets.
See, I considered that
but their message doesnt' come from your email - it's sent through mturk, from a noreply mail, with your full name and the email address on file.

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had swagbucks for a while but 3 codes a day giving 2 sb each takes a LOOOOONG time to make anything.
Do you guys do anything else with it?
I occasionally run encrave on my spare laptop, and sometimes the mobile app.
when mturk is slow, I'll look at their survey page to see if anything looks enticing, despite knowing how commercial surveys through GPT sites tend to DQ unfairly.

I'll also look at the reddit page for swagbucks to see if anything looks remotely useful, worth my time.

Reactions: <Gucci> and jayjay

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
That's odd, requesters respond to me with the name on the email, not the name on my account which are very different.
I'ven ever had them refer to me by my email name, and I've seen my account name in the emails so idk.

SCOTTM

Reaction score
Thanks I will check that out. I have a blog that is a slow earner. I know it won't go far without a YT channel.
It is so hard to work on these things when you have to make money for right now.
Exactly. Lot of time involved trying to learn these new skills which could could take focus off jobs that pay now.I try to work on youtube during the week-ends,but than that gets in the way of me Ubering which pays my bills. lol.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've had swagbucks for a while but 3 codes a day giving 2 sb each takes a LOOOOONG time to make anything.
Do you guys do anything else with it?
You make the most running their apps if you have some extra devices or by shopping through them. I wrote a thing about other ways to make money there in the SB thread although I don't use it as much as I used too. I try to get the daily minimum and shop through them mainly myself. But you will always make more on MTurk of course.

Reactions: jayjay and <Gucci>

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I blame Angela Listy, she knows everything at this point.
my email name is plaincheesepizza but when requesters reply to me, the message clearly states my real name, not my email's account name.

Status
Not open for further replies.