11/26 - Scarves Saturday!

Have you nominated a November Crowd Pleaser yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Got more than 50 pins in today, I should go buy a lottery ticket.

Reactions: harriss143

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
The instructions with examples of each type of spammy "offense" is at the top. Sales would be spammy if it were "unusually low price," "personal endorsement," etc.

But an advertisement is not spammy, solely on the basis of being an advertisement.
Except that Pinterest wasn't set up as a place to sell. Has it become that now?

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Except that Pinterest wasn't set up as a place to sell. Has it become that now?
I'm not judging by Pinterest's standards, whatever they happen to be. I'm just completing the HIT per the instructions given. :) I've never really done much Pinteresting. It seemed like an indirect way to get other people to hawk your stuff for you, or links to Etsy, which I assumed was a way to sell your DIY products. I may be wrong. I'm old. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: YAHU

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not judging by Pinterest's standards, whatever they happen to be. I'm just completing the HIT per the instructions given. :) I've never really done much Pinteresting. It seemed like an indirect way to get other people to sell hawk your stuff for you, or links to Etsy, which I assumed was a way to sell your DIY products. I may be wrong. I'm old. :p
When it started, I was still a pretty active/followed blogger and the "community" of mom-bloggers used it a lot to get links out there & share DIYs and shit :)

harriss143

Baked Cuppycake
Contributor
Reaction score
That first lonely one was my first pin...these are fuckin awesome

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I'm not judging by Pinterest's standards, whatever they happen to be. I'm just completing the HIT per the instructions given. :) I've never really done much Pinteresting. It seemed like an indirect way to get other people to sell hawk your stuff for you, or links to Etsy, which I assumed was a way to sell your DIY products. I may be wrong. I'm old. :p
(I've cross-posted with JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh)
Not arguing about the hits, but originally Pinterest was a place to demonstrate or give instructions for crafts that you've done, no sales involved. I go occasionally to get craft ideas for materials I have. I just wanted to be sure before I do these. Alas, every site succumbs to greed eventually. Etsy is the place for selling hand-crafted items, but they've lost their soul too, and are now accepting commercially-made items.
Onward to the hits...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 526

Not arguing about the hits, but originally Pinterest was a place to demonstrate crafts that you've done, no sales involved. I go occasionally to get craft ideas for materials I have. I just wanted to be sure before I do these. Alas, every site succumbs to greed eventually. Etsy is the place for selling hand-crafted items, but they've lost their soul too, and are now accepting commercially-made items.
Onward to the hits...
etsy isn't handmade and craft supplies anymore? I haven't looked around there much in a few years. I thought their stuff was great back then.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not arguing about the hits, but originally Pinterest was a place to demonstrate crafts that you've done, no sales involved. I go occasionally to get craft ideas for materials I have. I just wanted to be sure before I do these. Alas, every site succumbs to greed eventually. Etsy is the place for selling hand-crafted items, but they've lost their soul too, and are now accepting commercially-made items.
Onward to the hits...
I didn't think you were arguing. No worries.:) Sometimes, I state things matter-of-factly and it comes off cold or aloof. Sorry if it seemed that way. That's why I throw in the occasional smiley. If I thought you were arguing, I'd have ignored you.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: YAHU

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
etsy isn't handmade and craft supplies anymore? I haven't looked around there much in a few years. I thought their stuff was great back then.
It still is MOSTLY, but not exclusively any more. You'll be able to tell the difference when you search for stuff. I hope...

Reactions: Deleted member 526

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I didn't think you were arguing. No worries.:) Sometimes, I state things matter-of-factly, and it comes off cold or aloof. Sorry if it seemed that way. That's why I throw in the occasional smiley. If I thought you were arguing, I'd have ignored you.:D
'ts OK.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Pizza Survey | PANDA
Requester: Jared Kessel [A1DJFJ8DPPVQN4] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 1.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 0.00 Fairness
★★★★ 1.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give us your opinion about pizza preferences
Time: 5 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.00
Qualifications: None

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Question. On Hit Finder, I blocked ScoutIt but I still see it show up at the top under HITs but with a red box around it, is there a way to get it to not show up at the top as well? I don't see it anymore under logged hits which is good.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Question. On Hit Finder, I blocked ScoutIt but I still see it show up at the top under HITs but with a red box around it, is there a way to get it to not show up at the top as well? I don't see it anymore under logged hits which is good.
at the top, click "hide block list"

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

click the thing that says hide blocklist

Reactions: K'Lee

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
click the thing that says hide blocklist
Thank you! I must have just looked right over that. That in it self cleans it up quite a bit getting rid of ScoutIt. Still trying to figure out stuff.

Reactions: Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.