Do you like the new Worker site?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The sad thing is that if we held a poll on who likes/doesn't like the old worker site, the numbers probably wouldn't be that much better either. I am just grateful to all of the hard working turkers out there who have created scripts that actually bring functionality to these sites. Real change only seems to happen from the bottom up these days.
Probably true, but if you had a poll about which you prefer it'd probably skew overwhelmingly in favor of the old site. It has a lot of issues, but the new one seems like a step back with no real improvements for the things we lose (like being able to view AA time).

Is there anything that's actually better?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
You say that like buffalo wings stole your votes rather than buffalo wings just making people want to die less :p
Buffalo wings kinda make me want to die, so I don't think that was the case at all. Really, buffalo wings and death are just two sides of the same coin.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Buffalo wings kinda make me want to die, so I don't think that was the case at all. Really, buffalo wings and death are just two sides of the same coin.
To be honest I'm not a huge fan of wings myself

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Probably true, but if you had a poll about which you prefer it'd probably skew overwhelmingly in favor of the old site. It has a lot of issues, but the new one seems like a step back with no real improvements for the things we lose (like being able to view AA time).

Is there anything that's actually better?
after trying it several times... i can't think of anything that is better compared to the old site

Reactions: Starslip

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I am going to breath life into an old gaming rig to use for my primary "twurking" (my step son calls it that so idk) rig. Would be so much better than the core2duo I use now, but the power and noise. On the plus side I could run many virtual machines.

btw - I run ubuntu so I can use a low spec machine no problem - but no inquisit, I also do not have flash installed.

Reactions: Peachy

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: What is it like to be at work?(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: BetterUp Labs [A2ZKBROC26CSPZ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.85 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 22 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Short, 2-min survey asks questions about demographics and work experience. Follow-up ~8-min survey for qualifying workers (bonus: $1.50!!) asks questions on demographics and work experience.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 100
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [-1509091010-65262] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is one of: US

Reactions: jan
D

Deleted member 481

I'd sign up to slickdeals and set an alert for good deals on shoes. I've picked up 3 news pairs over the last few months for 15-30 bucks each for a couple pairs of Adidas and a pair of Pumas
I been with slickdeals since 7/2009 (can't believe I've had an account there for that long). I remember the good ole days of posting to the SB Task thread, lol. Anyways, yeah, I need to look on there for a deal because only place in Vancouver, WA that I know of that sells somewhat decent shoes is JC Penny. I just worry that I'll have to return the shoes a 100 times cause they won't fit.

Reactions: jan and Starslip

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Online deliveries(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Benedikt Schnurr [A1IS9R06USPB5N] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.55 Generosity
★★★★ 4.85 Fairness
★★★★ 4.54 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 34 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Evaluate an online delivery
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 11
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [-822817910-65287] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is one of: US

Go for your goal 20 cents at a time today, apparently

Reactions: ashleymarie and jan

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about your workplace!(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.45] [Fast: 4.58] [Comm: 3.98] [Fair: 4.77] [Reviews: 299] [ToS: 26]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.77/hr] [Pen: 0.19 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 71% of 7] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.70
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: This is a survey done for research. You will be asked to take a short survey about your workplace. You must be employed to take this survey.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [52047938-65371] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: A survey to help test a machine learning model | PANDA
Requester: Jason D. Vantomme [A32O84IBSYVGBP] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: This survey was designed as a test for a machine learning model that was designed to evaluate responses to ethical questions. You will be asked to read and respond to a series of ethical dilemmas, and you will receive a score at the end.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: None

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
You say that like buffalo wings stole your votes rather than buffalo wings just making people want to die less :p
I just remember thinking "give me liberty or give me death"
and liberty wasn't an option, so .. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.