Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: College Students & Mental Health | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Gary Bird [A1ZGCWM4IBRTM6] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.21] [Fast: 4.92] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 22] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Please only take this survey if you are 18-30 years old and currently attending or did attend college and have dealt with or know someone who has dealt with a mental health condition.
Requirements: Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

We've received reports from Workers in the Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) marketplace that there is an issue with your HITs titled "Screener for $25 health insurance study - No Hits Rejected". We have automatically expired the HITs so that you can review and correct them.

You can learn more about how to address issues and republish your HITs by reviewing this guide:
https://medium.com/mechanicalturk/addressing-issues-with-your-hits-

So, essentially, you may have made a mistake. It's ok. Fix it and put it back out there for everyone to work on.

The rest of the email is all FAQ's but the only time they said that my account would be in jeopardy is if they repeatedly pull my hits. Weird thing is, they said they pulled them and when I checked, they were still showing active, just not showing up in search.
Is it not really a screener? Was it actually just a mistake that it was reported or is it something that really is against ToS and just there are others that also do it so you can't figure out why you didn't get away with it?

edit: I'm not trying to be stealth snarky I don't actually know what's wrong with your hits, I don't know what they are. I just know you mentioned referrals and now this says screener.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Is it not really a screener? Was it actually just a mistake that it was reported or is it something that really is against ToS and just there are others that also do it so you can't figure out why you didn't get away with it?

edit: I'm not trying to be stealth snarky I don't actually know what's wrong with your hits, I don't know what they are. I just know you mentioned referrals and now this says screener.
From what I read, they required a screen shot of your insurance card (front and back)
(Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone - since I might be

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
With Amazon's history of suspensions just because the sky is blue I wouldn't risk anything.

Reactions: jan and <Gucci>

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score

It is a screener. There are SPECIFIC things in the hit that state "IF you answer to this question is NO, please return the hit because you WILL NOT qualify for the follow up."

Yet, I get about 40 out of every 100 hits where people still answer that and submit it. So, I was rejecting them because, I mean, honestly, it is right there. Duh...

My TO was getting trashed. Well, I mean, if you can't read the instructions...

So, I just decided to approve them all. no matter what.

The follow up study is done outside of MTurk and does ask for information that would verify that you are giving correct answers. People are flagging my hit because they state it is asking for personal information. I was asking for email before, so I removed that and just placed the link I was giving people right there in the hit. It is a screener to see if you would qualify for the follow up survey. I do get a kickback from it, so I dunno.

EDIT:

Honestly, it's probably the last time I run these. When the money is out, I am done. I just see the quality of answers and work and I am truly scared for any college study that is on here. I made it so obvious. I said DONT ANSWER THIS AND SUBMIT.... people did anyway. I can only shake my head.

This also leads me to take TO with a grain of salt and use it as a basic guide. I used to live and die by their ratings, but seriously... If the people posting reviews are that daft, then I can only imagine.

Last edited:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
From what I read, they required a screen shot of your insurance card (front and back)
(Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone - since I might be
If it's the one I saw, yup.
A copy of your insurance card ... front and back? C'mon now ...

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a screener. There are SPECIFIC things in the hit that state "IF you answer to this question is NO, please return the hit because you WILL NOT qualify for the follow up."

Yet, I get about 40 out of every 100 hits where people still answer that and submit it. So, I was rejecting them because, I mean, honestly, it is right there. Duh...

Isn't that against the revised TOS?

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer trivia questions | PANDA
Requester: Keysar Lab [A2B5GKV13T45M1] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Reward: $2.50
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Answer a series of trivia questions. Testing should take no longer than 20 minutes.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
/

My TO was getting trashed. Well, I mean, if you can't read the instructions...

So, I just decided to approve them all. no matter what.

The follow up study is done outside of MTurk and does ask for information that would verify that you are giving correct answers. People are flagging my hit because they state it is asking for personal information. I was asking for email before, so I removed that and just placed the link I was giving people right there in the hit. It is a screener to see if you would qualify for the follow up survey. I do get a kickback from it, so I dunno.
Uh, I think the problem is more that it asks for the front and back of your insurance card not the screener part.

Although, making people return it if they don't qual I think is a ToS violation too. (form the new ToS stuff.) But mostly the personal info part. (I mean I don't think I've ever had insurance while an adult, so I don't know what insurance cards actually look like but I /think/ they have at least your full name on them.)

Last edited:

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
/

Uh, I think the problem is more that it asks for the front and back of your insurance card not the screener part.

Although, making people return it if they don't qual I think is a ToS violation too. But mostly the personal info part. (I mean I don't think I've ever had insurance while an adult, so I don't know what insurance cards actually look like but I /think/ they have at least your full name on them.)

Yes, it's full name and company. They use it to verify your answers.

I mean it is a legit company and all, but I have been reviewing the revised ToS that they have sent me in the email and I can see why it could be a problem.

But, also, it has shown me a side to MTurk that I really can't believe with the worker quality aspect.

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | PANDA
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.08] [Fast: 4.63] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 4.21] [Reviews: 89] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.71
Duration: 45 minutes
Description: This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (undefined)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, it's full name and company. They use it to verify your answers.

I mean it is a legit company and all, but I have been reviewing the revised ToS that they have sent me in the email and I can see why it could be a problem.

But, also, it has shown me a side to MTurk that I really can't believe with the worker quality aspect.
Even if it's a legit company for a legit reason mTurk doesn't like it. (And workers don't either, but that's beside the point. Workers also don't like throttle and PREs and whatnot)

As to the second part, yeah there are some dumbfuck turkers that will do anything they want just on the chance they might get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.