Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Classical Music Listening (~40 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Tren [A2MCL97UHAMY90] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.26] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Rating your preference of the songs
Qualifications: Already Listened DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

shellsy515

Reaction score
Yeah I was really sad when my project ended. It was just straight up better than a regular part-time job in like 10 ways. But I think it really depends on which project you get assigned to. My partner got assigned to a mobile-based project, and it was a lot more annoying and time consuming of a task than the project I was doing at home on my computer. I'd be more specific, but Appen has lots of NDAs and stuff.
My account with them expired due to inactivity. I passed the qual test and did all the paperwork, but my bad experience with LionBridge had me so nervous that the last thing I wanted to do was jump into more transcription work. I'm thinking of giving it a go again though cuz I'm desperate for the money now. And from what I hear they're better to work with.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Public Risk Survey 2019C | Accept
Requester: W K Viscusi [A2THLQHZOOHW0U] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$31.48] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.90
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Welcome to our survey on a variety of risk issues. The survey was put together by Vanderbilt University researchers studying risk and health habits. We want to explore your attitudes toward different risks. The survey should take you under 10 minutes.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Title: Daily events, emotions, and wellbeing (21-day daily diary study) | Accept
Requester: Brock Bastian [AB7F6PMGV5XY3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.21] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.41] [Fast=4.76] [Comm=4.24] [Fair=4.65] [Reviews=126] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 6:00:00
Description: Earn up to $42 (US) by participating in a daily diary study over 21 days. Payment is $3 for inital survey on personality and wellbeing, then $1 for each daily survey, $3 for completion survey, and $15 potential compliance bonus (completing >80% surveys).

Reactions: afallstarxfall

shellsy515

Reaction score
For a quick update, I joined a project that I was added to yesterday. I was having technical issues a couple hours ago and emailed them, they just responded and the issue is fixed. So again, some projects are great with communication!
Great to hear! I'm contacting them to try to get this ball rolling again...although I'm freaking out a bit! :nailbiting:

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Prolific. I emailed them again today.
I've found Prolific to most helpful when needed; the Paypal folks can be recalcitrant SOBs, tho, and are NOT customer-service oriented. If this isn't resolved by now, is there a way you can get P and Pro talk to each other and figure out what part of the interface between them that isn't working in you case? (Apologize for the delayed response; working on my queue.)

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your impressions of facial expressions | Accept
Requester: ICT Emotions [A36JETH34ONWBO] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=3.33] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.00
Available: 1
Description: You will watch some silent video clips of people's reaction to game result.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Great to hear! I'm contacting them to try to get this ball rolling again...although I'm freaking out a bit! :nailbiting:
You got this! I'm not sure how approval is now since I joined when they were still Leapforce, but they've had a big influx of new projects lately and seem like they can use all the contractors they can get.

• Love
Reactions: shellsy515

shellsy515

Reaction score
You got this! I'm not sure how approval is now since I joined when they were still Leapforce, but they've had a big influx of new projects lately and seem like they can use all the contractors they can get.
Well, I'm glad to hear they're desperate. That should really work in my favor. :ROFL:

Reactions: ekkirksey

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: An Academic Study of Personal Opinions(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Chad S [ABL6GAZ4H43TX] [TurkerView]
Description: We conduct an academic survey regarding personal opinions. Most questions have no right or wrong answer.
Duration: ~30min
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 8 min, 40 sec
Catchability: Great
Cons: Lengthy reading and complicated material. Two writing questions asking for basis of your answers. Due to reading and writing, YMMV. The complexity of the material and expected level of understanding along with the reading and writing make this Very Underpaid.

XWarrior

Reaction score
So there have been at least 5 reports already of random turkers getting suspended, I seen a couple on reddit and on the Facebook groups. I wonder what is going on and what scripts got them banned?
I think a lot of suspension mistakes are bound to happen, those "tests, traps, trick bot questions and data analysis techniques," to me are highly flawed. When you read some of the stock questions that still circulate and the expected bot responses vs human worker it gives you a sinking feeling. They include other factors (IP, data comparisons, and other typical offsets) but seriously it is flawed no matter what they present. For instant taking to much time in a survey (+other factors) ... BOT, although some people are fast readers and slow things down, some are very careful and blah blah, but get the timing wrong even if it is natural and you might be a BOT! Granted there is a good amount of abuse from bots/bot farms and like other platforms good people get swept up when they do clean up. But I hate having to think about patterns, answers, responses, timing and blah blah other things. It is counter productive for requester's that want quality data in the long run.

Reactions: Yatagarasu

PandaThief

Reaction score
I wrote to them last week about the warning I was given and told that they would review it and respond in two to three business days. I have not heard back from them.
This seems to be an issue for a handful of workers, do you use a VPN ? i know they don't play with things like that

Reactions: HelloHello

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Estimation Survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Hillary Parent [AFNJXE8SBOWXJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.36] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.20
Description: Complete a few estimation tasks. The main task in this survey involves entering some numbers that you have to estimate yourself. Although it is not too challenging, it does take some effort. Please only participate in this study if you'd be willing to do this type of task.

Reactions: savvy

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Research About Video Experience(~ 9 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Tito Grillo [A1SLYJZFCNGZ7D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.36] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.94] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=21] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.90
Duration: 30:00
Available: 2
Description: This study involves a set of trivia questions about a specific topic and watching a short video.

Reaction score
Nope, and I don't use scripts either. My approval rating is 99.74 and I have over 55K approved hits.
Do you run pandas that could be triggering page refresh errors? I've seen theories floating around reddit that it could maybe be related to excessive page refresh errors. But who knows. ?‍♀

Reactions: HelloHello

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
Reactions: savvy
Status
Not open for further replies.