11/12 - Montage Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Assemble it, freeze it while the other one cooks, and don't tell those monsters it's there :wink:
I should do this so future me can have lasagna without having to make it.

There's someething about this logic that isn't quite right, but I'm not gonna think about it too hard.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
So wait. You freeze it before cooking it? Before melting all the cheese and what not? Then what happens next?
The frozen ones you buy aren't melty yet. You just pop it in the oven for an hour, hour-fifteen (depending on how thick...) just like a bought one.

LisaPisa

Reaction score
It wasn't bad, I think it would have been better if it had had more sauce in it. It dried out a bit and I'm not sure if that's because I microwaved it, or because it was frozen. When I make it again I'm gonna add more sauce so we'll see how that goes.

(I only make one pan, but I'm the only one that eats it so I have to freeze half or it'll go bad before I can finish it.)
You're probably right about the freezing. I once made chicken noodle soup and froze it, only to discover that the noodles sucked up all the liquid and upon reheating there wasn't much broth left.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been eating hummus w/ chips instead of queso or dip lately. It seems tough to eat the same volume of hummus as a nice giant warm bowl of queso.
I'm bad with potato chips and sour cream type dip. Thanks for mentioning queso - I'm even worse with Fritos and cheese, bean, or a mix of both dip!

It was frozen, but I made it a few weeks ago. So fresh-ishly frozen?
I saw you post about the lasagna earlier and thought, "I remember when she posted about making and freezing that!". :)

Okay, I'm really out of here!

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
I should do this so future me can have lasagna without having to make it.

There's someething about this logic that isn't quite right, but I'm not gonna think about it too hard.
Get those little tiny 3/$1 packs of foil pans from the dollar store. It'll work great since it's just you. Then you can bake it each time- and not get the dried-out microwave shit going on.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Get those little tiny 3/$1 packs of foil pans from the dollar store. It'll work great since it's just you. Then you can bake it each time- and not get the dried-out microwave shit going on.
oh heck, that's a great idea. I'm making my shopping list rn sothat's going on there. :hug2: I've been trying to do more all at once cooking to last throughout the week (or more) because sometimes i just don't wanna cook anything more complicated than a tv dinner but I don't actually want it to be a tv dinner cause those aren't usually very good.

/me wanders off rambling about things no one asked.

LisaPisa

Reaction score
I need to start mom-blogging again. Freezing meals are a big help.
I want to freeze all the things. But then I remember that our freezer is one of those next-to-useless freezer drawer on the bottom of the fridge deals. Do you have a standalone freezer?

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
oh heck, that's a great idea. I'm making my shopping list rn sothat's going on there. :hug2: I've been trying to do more all at once cooking to last throughout the week (or more) because sometimes i just don't wanna cook anything more complicated than a tv dinner but I don't actually want it to be a tv dinner cause those aren't usually very good.

DIY "tv dinners"!!! Make shit once, eat for lots later, TONS of things freeze well. Look on YT for freezer-meals... usually it's big-ass family sized, but you can totally scale it down- you're just seeing what freezes well, what to cook/not cook first....

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to freeze all the things. But then I remember that our freezer is one of those next-to-useless freezer drawer on the bottom of the fridge deals. Do you have a standalone freezer?
I don't have anything. I don't own anything here. But there's a tiny chest freezer, but I usually just have space to use in the tiny little one on top of the fridge. And I lived in apartments for ages.... only tiny freezers then too. Just gotta get creative with organization.

Reactions: esprit-hyperdoux

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Cultural Humility of Parents and Ethnic Identity Development | PANDA
Requester: Stacey McElroy-Heltzel [A1E21VREQU6FRD] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
The study takes 25 minutes overall. You will receive $0.50 for your participation if you meet the inclusion criteria (identify as Multiracial and at least 18 years old).
Time: 8 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: Already Completed Multiracial Study DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;
I couldn't even finish reading the title before I wanted my penny

DCI

Reaction score
I used to have a roommate that would make a bunch of breakfast burrito type things at once and freeze them. Those were super convenient and probably also pretty cheap to make in bulk.

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score

future you doesn't prepare the lasagne and doesn't even have to wash the pan afterwards? sheesh does future you have it easy

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn that LeVert injury was gruesome.

Reactions: MarkC

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Tonight is rocking. A lot of work.

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
I do a lot of food prep for quick cooking and freezing for my "fast food" meals. Makes it easy when I'm busy to eat yummy food that is not fast food or junk. Economical too.

Reactions: JenniLeigh
Status
Not open for further replies.