Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Off topic:

Think the game - What are they wanting?

This is a line from a job ad that I saw. Sounds a little shady...

The work requires someone that is good with their hands, good with tools, physically fit, and able to think the game.
Does it involve wearing leather?

Reactions: KillMoles

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Off topic:

Think the game - What are they wanting?

This is a line from a job ad that I saw. Sounds a little shady...

The work requires someone that is good with their hands, good with tools, physically fit, and able to think the game.
what was the job headline if it had one?

bluedays

Reaction score
Anyone know what "add watcher" does in Hit Catcher?

Reactions: Pippa

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know what "add watcher" does in Hit Catcher?
copy the hit link and paste it in there. It will continue watching for that hit and will alert you that the hit was caught.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSolo315

bluedays

Reaction score
copy the hit link and paste it in there. It will continue watching for that hit and will alert you that the hit was caught.
Oh, well that seems pretty obvious now.

Reactions: Pippa

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a hit lead into a virus? I pretty much only do bills and mturk and some online shopping on my computer. Last week the antivirus said there was no threats BUT an unusually high amount of temporary files plus windows firewall was inactive (it's never bothered to mention that before). Windows wouldn't allow me to activate it, but I'm not sure it just doesn't have to do with the antivirus in the first place. Long story short: I switched over to my new computer (that I bought a year ago and resisted changing to) with the idea I would just mturk on this one. Except I did do some online shopping at Kohl's a few days ago. I got an email today saying that my Kohl's account was locked out due to too many password attempts. Tonight I changed most of my passwords (on the new computer) and saw there was no other activity at Kohl's or anywhere else.
Which brings me back to the original question: has anyone ever had any security issues that you believe came from an mturk hit?

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a hit lead into a virus? I pretty much only do bills and mturk and some online shopping on my computer. Last week the antivirus said there was no threats BUT an unusually high amount of temporary files plus windows firewall was inactive (it's never bothered to mention that before). Windows wouldn't allow me to activate it, but I'm not sure it just doesn't have to do with the antivirus in the first place. Long story short: I switched over to my new computer (that I bought a year ago and resisted changing to) with the idea I would just mturk on this one. Except I did do some online shopping at Kohl's a few days ago. I got an email today saying that my Kohl's account was locked out due to too many password attempts. Tonight I changed most of my passwords (on the new computer) and saw there was no other activity at Kohl's or anywhere else.
Which brings me back to the original question: has anyone ever had any security issues that you believe came from an mturk hit?
No problems here from anything mturk but I only do super safe HITs so far.

I also have Windows firewall disabled and started to ramble about networking since I did that for many years, but I deleted it all because it was rambling. :)

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Complete a Survey about Delay Gratification, Work-Life Balance, Career Burnout | Accept
Requester: brittanyshields_16 [AD36Y6DUU5LF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 432000
Available: 1
Description: Participation in this study includes completing a number of anonymous online questionnaires about your level of delayed gratification, your work-life balance and your level of burnout. Your participation would involve 1 session of approximately 20 minutes
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
This is simple and pretty short.[/td][/tr]

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score

I also have Windows firewall disabled and started to ramble about networking since I did that for many years, but I deleted it all because it was rambling. :)
Mine may have been disabled for a long time, but the antivirus never noted it before. That's not to say that means anything. I searched stuff on the internet and my brain is fried. I didn't think much about it until someone tried to log into Kohl's several times under my email.
I hate thieves.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Mine may have been disabled for a long time, but the antivirus never noted it before. That's not to say that means anything. I searched stuff on the internet and my brain is fried. I didn't think much about it until someone tried to log into Kohl's several times under my email.
I hate thieves.
Some Russian (seriously) sounding email address tried to access my eBay account several times a week or so back and my account was disabled.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Rating Job Candidate Profiles for Sales Position(~ 25 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Zach [A2BVBQ5YX5O9BE] Contact
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 20
Description: The purpose of this study is to understand how different work qualifications may affect hiring decisions of job applicants. You will first be asked to complete survey items relating to yourself. Next, you will read several employer summaries/profiles of job candidates, and will complete ratings of each candidate based on their expected work outcomes if they were hired. Be sure to follow all instructions throughout the survey, and to enter the secret code you receive at the end of the survey into the box below to receive payment.
Qualifications: Location In US; TP Panel: 1397066999 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Am doing now. Supposedly there are 20 of these.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: klingeemonster

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I've been directed to many super-sketchy websites while doing Zoltars on several occasions. Towards the end of the reign of the $0.12 Zoltars there were several days during which all of the websites were Russian, or Czeck, or something Eastern European, and most were broken and sketchy... And my AV's browser plug-in was going bonkers blocking all sorts of malicious stuff from those sites.

Otherwise, most of the work on MTurk is safe, unless the HIT is directing you to download something (a TOS violation) or the HIT asks you to access an external website. However, avoiding HITs like those shouldn't be much different than dodging run-of-the-mill internet sketchiness while surfing the web.

Reactions: Kennedy

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been directed to many super-sketchy websites while doing Zoltars on several occasions. Towards the end of the reign of the $0.12 Zoltars there were several days during which all of the websites were Russian, or Czeck, or something Eastern European, and most were broken and sketchy... And my AV's browser plug-in was going bonkers blocking all sorts of malicious stuff from those sites.

Otherwise, most of the work on MTurk is safe, unless the HIT is directing you to download something (a TOS violation) or the HIT asks you to access an external website. However, avoiding HITs like those shouldn't be much different than dodging run-of-the-mill internet sketchiness while surfing the web.
After Zoltars I always run SuperAntiSpyware to get rid of the crud from the sites I clicked thru to.

Reactions: EverfreeTree

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rating Job Candidate Profiles for Sales Position(~ 25 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Zach [A2BVBQ5YX5O9BE] Contact
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 20
Description: The purpose of this study is to understand how different work qualifications may affect hiring decisions of job applicants. You will first be asked to complete survey items relating to yourself. Next, you will read several employer summaries/profiles of job candidates, and will complete ratings of each candidate based on their expected work outcomes if they were hired. Be sure to follow all instructions throughout the survey, and to enter the secret code you receive at the end of the survey into the box below to receive payment.
Qualifications: Location In US; TP Panel: 1397066999 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Am doing now. Supposedly there are 20 of these.[/td][/tr]
Good one, about 8 minutes. Instant approval too.

Last edited:

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score

I have Avast Antivirus (low security) and Comodo Firewall (medium security), for that perfect balance of actually kinda trying and not really trying at all.
Haven't had a virus in a while (years), though. Maybe cause no one cares enough, since I don't really shop online much. Or I'm just paranoid enough to avoid stuff and use CCleaner if something sketchy goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.