11/08 - Fire Ant Fricassee Friday!

Do you vape?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XWarrior

Reaction score
I don't understand why they wouldn't put out enough hits for everyone that has the qual. Isn't the more players they have better ?
Same reason airlines overbook flights, limited amount of seats, but you want to fill them all and some people will not show up.

• Wow
Reactions: PandaThief

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic survey with $2.00 completion award. | Accept
Requester: Christine Exley [A4LCJUP51VHRV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$27.29] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.94] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=71] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:20:00
Available: 0
Description: You will be asked to answer an approximately 15 minute academic survey.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about thoughts, feelings, and current events(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Affective Science & Health Laboratory [A37YTRXG1FWGX7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.80] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.80] [Fast=4.29] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=36] [ToS=2]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 12:00:00
Available: 0
Description: This study involves a series of surveys asking about your thoughts and feelings about current events
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

alk69

Reaction score
What I'd like to know about this new payout scheme is: How do we keep track of income without the Amazon Payments' records? Is Mturk going to provide some records for us? Not likely, I'd guess. We need monthly statements for job/taxes/Fed. benefits, etc. Where do we get these? And don't tell me to print out my dashboard. That's not adequate.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
https://forum.turkerview.com/posts/1385553/

According to that post it looks like in addition to limited transfers, we will also have to wait an additional two days for money to hit our account after a HIT is paid. Unless I'm misunderstanding that response.
I can't see the thread (not logged in to TV and I don't feel like looking up my login credentials right now) but what makes sense to me reading what you said would be that your turk balance will be sent to your bank account at 7 days, 14 days, 30 days or 60 days (your choice) but it will take up to 2 days to clear from when they start the money transfer to your bank to when it completes.

I don't see how HIT payment timings could be delayed as it simply should accumulate in your account balance until the forced transfer to your bank account at 7 days or whatever you've set it to.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
What I'd like to know about this new payout scheme is: How do we keep track of income without the Amazon Payments' records? Is Mturk going to provide some records for us? Not likely, I'd guess. We need monthly statements for job/taxes/Fed. benefits, etc. Where do we get these? And don't tell me to print out my dashboard. That's not adequate.
When you go to the Transfer Earnings page, there is already a history of transactions sent to Amazon Payments. I imagine it'll be the same, except instead of "Type: Amazon Payments" it'll say "Type: Bank Disbursement" or something along those lines, so you could use that instead. Though it's only a 180 days history. They'll need to extend that to the full year at least.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
They really shouldn't have sent the email out without providing all the details. I'm not sure I really see the purpose in telling people a change is going to happen without more informationl. They have to be overloaded with messages right now with questions, which could have been avoided with a more detailed explanation.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't see the thread (not logged in to TV and I don't feel like looking up my login credentials right now) but what makes sense to me reading what you said would be that your turk balance will be sent to your bank account at 7 days, 14 days, 30 days or 60 days (your choice) but it will take up to 2 days to clear from when they start the money transfer to your bank to when it completes.

I don't see how HIT payment timings could be delayed as it simply should accumulate in your account balance until the forced transfer to your bank account at 7 days or whatever you've set it to.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'd imagine the new system is going to be like our current earnings - you can currently see a list of earnings transfer history in your dashboard. You might not like that but that is probably how you are going to have to do it - printscreen and print your dashboard earnings transfers to your bank account and tally them up in excel or with a calculator, or else print your bank account activity or make copies of your statements for the job/taxes/fed benefits evidence.

Ideally you'd already already be doing simple accounting bookkeeping that you can use for your filing figures -- there is open source accounting software to make the task easy -- unless the govt. comes back and requests specific proof of payments.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
wait wait, so we can only get paid once a week now (or less frequently if we choose)? What the fuck? and will it go straight from mturk to our bank or will we still have to transfer to AP and from there to our bank? When is this actually going to happen?
nvm I reread it, still this is very wtf and I don't like it

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm not sure I really see the purpose in telling people a change is going to happen without more informationl.
Probably to give you a heads up a change is coming. They did say more details to follow, which means they are still figuring out the devil in the details or might even use initial reaction feedback to change the initial notice they gave us, such as they might reduce the minimum accumulation time to 3 days if everyone comments that a week is too hard for their financial needs.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
interesting. It indeed states a two-delay delay from when you complete the task to when it becomes available in your accumulating balance to be transferred to your bank plus also mentions what I posted earlier that there could be an additional delay from your forced transfer start to when it shows up in your bank account.

I don't think the HIT pay delay is any super big deal because how often does a requester currently approve and pay your task within 2 days anyway? I find most stuff I do is 3-7 days.

Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.