11/07 - Trail Mix Thursday!

Do you like the new mTurk payment schedule coming soon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XWarrior

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

We are delighted to announce that a new simplified Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) payment disbursement option will be available on December 15, 2019. This new option will enable you to have your MTurk payments deposited directly into your US bank account on a regular schedule. You can adjust your payment settings to occur every 7, 14, 30 or 60 days depending on the cadence that works best for you. We encourage you to set up direct transfer through the MTurk website starting December 15, 2019 as we will discontinue the Amazon Payments disbursement option on January 15, 2020 in lieu of direct US bank account transfers for eligible MTurk Workers.

We will provide additional information about this new payment process in December. If you have any questions, please contact support at mturk-worker-support@amazon.com.

Thank you for helping MTurk grow and have a great day!

Sincerely,

The MTurk Team
This is a direct result of the “mishap” and massive over payments (which AMZ did handle well eventually) it eliminates potential similar issues and more, it also allows more control if anything happens again. More importantly this allows options for reversals/corrections for various reasons. So #1, know your cadence (actually go with 7, they need a 3 at the very least) and #2 be delighted about it, no matter what. There are some good points and some very positive aspects, but I ran out of allowable character space here to list them.

XWarrior

Reaction score
I have to decide if I want the 7 day or 14 day option now
Unless there is a minimum or other factors in the details, not sure why anyone would take the longer option. Like I said they could have a minimum, but still taking the shortest time would still make sense. Granted if I waited 14 days there would be such big numbers and endless digits that they bank would kick it back.

Reactions: Peachy

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a direct result of the “mishap” and massive over payments (which AMZ did handle well eventually) it eliminates potential similar issues and more, it also allows more control if anything happens again. More importantly this allows options for reversals/corrections for various reasons. So #1, know your cadence (actually go with 7, they need a 3 at the very least) and #2 be delighted about it, no matter what. There are some good points and some very positive aspects, but I ran out of allowable character space here to list them.
I'd feel a lot better about 3 days. I'm sure I'll get use to it once the time comes, but until then the what-ifs and potential problems worry me.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I took the day off today and everything was going along swimmingly and then BAM! - weird email from mturk. I kind of expected this would happen at some point when I got that weird email earlier this year about them ending it for everyone except Mturkers and Sellers. However, that was so long ago and it just kept trucking along, so... I just wonder if they'll start taking out taxes at some point because the 7, 14, 30, or 60 days does seem a lot like a paycheck...

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I dunno, i can see why some of you want to transfer daily, but i've always done it once a week anyways just because it seems like its a pain to cash out (and by a pain, i mean a multi-step, slow process). This will eliminate the multi-step slow process part of it at least, looking at the up side. :shrug:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I dunno, i can see why some of you want to transfer daily, but i've always done it once a week anyways just because it seems like its a pain to cash out (and by a pain, i mean a multi-step, slow process). This will eliminate the multi-step slow process part of it at least, looking at the up side. :shrug:
It also removes the flexibility. I don't generally want to transfer every single day, but I don't want to lose the option of doing so if I need it.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
But without the rights! :D
Right!?!?, As soon as I saw it, I instinctively withdrew money from amazonpay, then hopped on here to see what was up. My husband was like, "When you were reading it out loud, I thought well, it's just an option and then you got to the end, and I was like...what? That's not an option" I could go into a tirade about the things they should be doing, but I don't think it'll do any good. They'd never listen to me any how.

XWarrior

Reaction score
I'd feel a lot better about 3 days. I'm sure I'll get use to it once the time comes, but until then the what-ifs and potential problems worry me.
Other than restricting when you want to withdraw funds, I do not foresee any issues, it would be nice to see a 3 day worked in, but I guess 7 days allows more time for issue management, and less backend stress/impact volume wise.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure that would result in mTruk becoming a South Asian/[insert other area with minimal to no labor laws here] place only. We don't have the leverage for that to go anywhere. Doesn't make it an unsatisfying word to read, though.

Katia2019

Reaction score
I don't mind the direct payments, but I want to be able to choose when I cash out. I normally only cash out 1x a week, but sometimes it's thursday night and sometimes its sunday, depending on how much I have paid out/how much i'm expecting to get over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.