11/02 - Menacing Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
How long have you been doing it? I feel like you should definitely have it! I hate that its so random. I want to have a definition of what it takes to get it lol
a very long time
there's no point in wishing anymore

I honestly think after meeting a very minimal threshold - it's a lottery.

And I've lost, each and every time

Binxybaby

Reaction score
we should do a Turkers swimsuit calendar next summer
a turking from the beach edition
or at least a turking from a lawn chair in your backyard edition if ya can't make it to a beach
I live by the beach, I could do a photoshoot with my computer by the beach 😂

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from SS for work related to 3H4IKZHALBYJXM4VJDTQX9CWK4ANNR.
The value of your bonus is: $1.74 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

GTR

Reaction score
I've never had a daily goal since starting turk
at first I was thinking if I get $5 a day that would be OK, just extra for a bill, Cheetos etc :)
then I started making more and more as time went by and then got quals, so I made more than I ever thought
Mturk is a different beast when trying to make money it is so unpredictable
but, turking is a marathon and not a sprint for the most part, unless you are lucky to have good paying batches...

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic Study (~9 minutes) on Experiences and Opinions(~ 9 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Jacqueline Rifkin [A2M97NRBGOIQPP] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.50] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.83] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.95
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 42
Description: Academic Study (~9 minutes) on Experiences and Opinions. Auto-Approve set to 1 day.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey | Accept
Requester: Yi Zou [A2XF1LXCDU2TYL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$34.96] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: This HIT is to answer a short survey. It will take about 4-5 minutes to complete. Some of the questions will ask about your demographic information and others will ask you about the way you think and do with regards to different situations in life.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Duplication Check DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
10 min

Last edited:

GTR

Reaction score
I do staged goals. Minimum, average and high goal. Based on my bills etc for the month. Right now, I'm working every bit I can cuz this Mama got property taxes to pay.
this and HOA are kicking my ass right now
been able to pay half the property tax bill but they are working with me cause of the situation we are all in
HOA on the other hand are complete assjacks and want to come after you even tho we are struggling during this time.

Reaction score
been able to pay half the property tax bill but they are working with me cause of the situation we are all in
HOA on the other hand are complete assjacks and want to come after you even tho we are struggling during this time.
Yup. Learned about HOA's on my last house. NEVER again. I will never, ever even consider a house in a HOA again.

County's working with me on the taxes, but still gotta cough up extra in both November AND December because of how things fall. I'd be fine except my room renter hasn't paid rent since JUNE cuz well COVID.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Learn about products!(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Reinholtz Lab [A2LN1QYH6RU9E5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.86] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.36] [Fast=4.33] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=13] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 25:00
Available: 0
Description: Learn about products through information from amazon
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Binxybaby

Reaction score
I've never had a daily goal since starting turk
at first I was thinking if I get $5 a day that would be OK, just extra for a bill, Cheetos etc :)
then I started making more and more as time went by and then got quals, so I made more than I ever thought
Mturk is a different beast when trying to make money it is so unpredictable
but, turking is a marathon and not a sprint for the most part, unless you are lucky to have good paying batches...
I literally found mturk because I was a receptionist and it was often slow. I figured "why not make extra money, instead of just being bored or sitting on facebook." Its nice to have that extra spending money. I tried to tell my friend about it but because she was only making less than $1 on most surveys she gave up. She said she had "bad luck" I wonder if we are crazy or determined for pushing on lol I told her its a slow build. Tried to give her tips. I feel like I always look at it as more than I have right now. I guess I'm crazy because I don't mind the hustle lol
I like your quote "turking is a marathon and not a sprint" because you're exactly right!

Last edited:

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
So my goal PE is only $5 a day since I have to do work for my actual job lol I hit it fairly quickly today (actually made $5.51, not including any possible bonuses.) Some days its a struggle and I don't even get there. I caught a bunch that you guys posted so thank you! I hope all of you exceed your PE goals today!! 💜
I am glad to hear you had a great day!

• Love
Reactions: cb456 and Binxybaby

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
I literally found mturk because I was a receptionist and it was often slow. I figured "why not make extra money, instead of just being bored or sitting on facebook." Its nice to have that extra spending money. I tried to tell my friend about it but because she was only making less than $1 on most surveys she gave up. She said she had "bad luck" I wonder if we are crazy or determined for pushing on lol I told her its a slow build. Tried to give her tips. I feel like I always look at it as more than I have right now. I guess I'm crazy because I don't mind the hustle lol
I like your quote "turking is a marathon and not a sprint" because you're exactly right!
My husband found MTurk many years ago. It is amazing to log in and see how much money we have earned over time!

PandaThief

Reaction score
I chose to pay mine yearly, one shot and just get rid of that. Sometimes i forget to pay it quarterly and they tack on $100 late fee. Sucks but that's life in an HOA community. I have to say i get more than i pay into it though and they aren't super annoying

Reactions: GTR and Binxybaby
Status
Not open for further replies.