10/28 - Munsters Monday!

Do you like candy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh no. Try contacting him. He should be around. The instructions are in the HIT.
I think I will go ahead and do that. I was going to at the time it happened, but I had so much good stuff in my queue at the time, I just decided to let it go.

Reactions: coffeeowl

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
Do you pay PO boxes monthly or do you pay immediately for whatever rate? Future planning for when i inevitably become homeless
In California it's up front but not expensive. Like 30 bucks for six months.

Reactions: aveline and ducky

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Do you pay PO boxes monthly or do you pay immediately for whatever rate? Future planning for when i inevitably become homeless
I'm not sure, tbh. I've never had one. I had an ex whose dad was homeless though, and that was what he always used for official stuff, jobs, etc.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
You pay when you sign up for it- and renewed at different rates depending on the location- I've seen quarterly, six months, and a year.

Reactions: aveline

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Well if you become homeless, you can just use your old address for as long as no one finds out you're homeless. Amazon already has like 3 of my last addresses still saved in the address book and still thought I was a student when charging me for prime.

Reactions: aveline and ducky

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I wonder even if the library computers are totally locked down (no installing software), if someone could still run portable apps from a USB stick. That would let someone run scripts since it's on the USB stick.
At my library, you could take your laptop with you. The library provides free wifi so you can hook up your laptop with MTS or whatever already installed and be off and running once you connect to the library's wifi.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
This is true. But I'd be happy if a bank would let a homeless person in.
Go to Walmart and get a MoneyCard. That's what I used to sign up on MTurk with because I didn't have a bank at the time (I had the MoneyCard because I had just been laid off from Walmart and that was how they had been paying me.)

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
At my library, you could take your laptop with you. The library provides free wifi so you can hook up your laptop with MTS or whatever already installed and be off and running once you connect to the library's wifi.
I've done that when the power goes out for days here during/after hurricanes. Our Library seems to be on a power grid that is the first to be turned on.

HelloHello

Reaction score
if yall do usertesting.com tests, theres a lot of survey tests up for collaboration apps like Slack or Zoom if u have used them. They take like 7 minutes and dont require you to speak. I'm pretty sure lots of people should be able to see these tests.
These are still up - it has slowed down some but there are apparently more because I've been offered the one on Slack 4 more times. I got to do two of them so far!

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
These are still up - it has slowed down some but there are apparently more because I've been offered the one on Slack 4 or times. I got to do two of them so far!
I'm still trying to work up the nerve to try those!

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
Okay, third try to say nighty, night.

I am off to read and go to bed. I am both physically and mentally exhausted! I believe I've mentioned there is somebody who been up my nose and been very determined to make my life difficult. The past month has been ridiculous - ignoring just wasn't cutting it - anyway - I had to do some things I didn't want to do for a number of reasons but I believe the issue is, or, is about to be, resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.