10/22 - Semisoft Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
off to the farmers market
:DCI:
we went by...man some prices have shot up. One guy wanted 4.35/lb for stew hen, 12/lb for stewing hen, $8.85/lb for chorizo...we got some chorizo, but def. sticker shock...

Reactions: HelloHello

jan

Reaction score
we went by...man some prices have shot up. One guy wanted 4.35/lb for stew hen, 12/lb for stewing hen, $8.85/lb for chorizo...we got some chorizo, but def. sticker shock...
At the beginning of the pandemic - I got food money from the state. I forget how much (I think 280 total?). But here in Vermont, when I spend 10, they give me an additional 20 to spend at the farmers market. I still have - I don't know - more than 70 left. My understanding is that the winter farmers market I get 30 for every 10. So, That should easily take me to Christmas.......(I just get veggies and sometimes bread.

I will say, our market is totally expensive. Among the things I got was a blue hubbard squash - organic, for 10.00 (daughter wanted it, she's home for the w/e).

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
At the beginning of the pandemic - I got food money from the state. I forget how much (I think 280 total?). But here in Vermont, when I spend 10, they give me an additional 20 to spend at the farmers market. I still have - I don't know - more than 70 left. My understanding is that the winter farmers market I get 30 for every 10. So, That should easily take me to Christmas.......(I just get veggies and sometimes bread.

I will say, our market is totally expensive. Among the things I got was a blue hubbard squash - organic, for 10.00 (daughter wanted it, she's home for the w/e).
I totally get price up, but sheesh. We bought a quarter cow, $4.20/lb/lb. You can't get ground beef for 4.20/lb around here. Half of it was ground, half for free. And I got 25 lbs of offal for free (for me only, my gf refuses to even touch it)

cassius

Reaction score

getting thanksgiving turkey breasts from the local butcher who is getting them from reputable supplier - local. The whole organic thing. I have some money saved for this because all the turkeys i've purchased in my life probably don't cost as much as these two breasts are going to cost.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
1 hour left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Status
Not open for further replies.