10/22 - Make Stuff Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Know what's fun? When you're sitting outside of your kid's school waiting for the final bell and you get a text from him that reads, "So, Mom, I guess you've figured out we're in lock-down?"

Um, no, no I had not figured that out. But that did explain the helicopter circling overhead.

There was activity in the neighborhood around the school, not on campus. That made me feel lots better.

But then I realize here are all of us parents in our cars with keys in the ignition ready to zoom off as soon as our kids hop into our cars, and what's a better place than that for a dude who is trying to get away from the police to show up and "demand" a ride?

So exciting.

Lock-down was lifted, kids let out about 10 mins late, drove right by all the cop cars on my way back home. At least 8 cars were still on scene. Yikes.

FireMonkey

Reaction score
Know what's fun? When you're sitting outside of your kid's school waiting for the final bell and you get a text from him that reads, "So, Mom, I guess you've figured out we're in lock-down?"

Um, no, no I had not figured that out. But that did explain the helicopter circling overhead.

There was activity in the neighborhood around the school, not on campus. That made me feel lots better.

But then I realize here are all of us parents in our cars with keys in the ignition ready to zoom off as soon as our kids hop into our cars, and what's a better place than that for a dude who is trying to get away from the police to show up and "demand" a ride?

So exciting.

Lock-down was lifted, kids let out about 10 mins late, drove right by all the cop cars on my way back home. At least 8 cars were still on scene. Yikes.
My son went through a similar situation with his kids (my grandkids) at school. I was kind of relieved I only heard of it after they discovered it was a false alarm and everyone was pronounced safe. Scary stuff but nice to know they have protocols in place if need be. Hadn't occurred to me about the parents being forced into service as gunmen's taxis!

Reactions: tricker

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
My son went through a similar situation with his kids (my grandkids) at school. I was kind of relieved I only heard of it after they discovered it was a false alarm and everyone was pronounced safe. Scary stuff but nice to know they have protocols in place if need be. Hadn't occurred to me about the parents being forced into service as gunmen's taxis!
That thought had never crossed my mind until I heard it was "activity in the neighborhood" and I looked around and said, "Shit. I'm in the neighborhood. With keys in the ignition." But the helicopter was still a couple blocks away so I figured I was safe. I was read to gtfo of my car should that heli have headed my direction (and hidden behind a bush or something).

The teachers were allowed to teach, but until the PD had cleared the issue, they weren't letting kids out of the classrooms. Many kids walk home, too, so it flat out was not safe until whatever they were called in for was remedied.

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
this came in this morning about the failed AC on that Impression Formation ($1.25) study from last week:
By looking again at your data, we realized that we made a mistake and you did pass the attention check. Your HIT was approved last Friday and you should receive the payment soon, if you have not already received it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hassle on your end. Dealing with the threat of having bots participating in our surveys is a new issue and we haven’t worked it out completely, yet.
Fixed mine also....

coffee.cup

ALL YOUR SURVEY ARE BELONG TO ME!
Reaction score
Title: Murder Mystery3 (18 minutes) | Accept
Requester: netlabexperiments org [AUVX59CF0NY78] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.48] [Pay=3.54] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=4.77] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.77] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.38] [Pen=0.03 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=60%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 2100
Available: 3
Description: Main trial for murder mystery game. This is a group task. Congrats that you made it this far!
Qualifications: netlabMMtrialtype EqualTo 2; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
3[/td][/tr]
Soooooooo on these right now..

jan

Reaction score

So exciting.

:hug:

Reactions: jklmnop and tricker

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

So exciting.

Lock downs scare me! My son had one like the 2nd week of school. i got a text after it was lifted..which I was happy about. I would of been freaking out if it was before.

I also lock my doors when I'm waiting at pick up...I'm full of anxiety lol

Status
Not open for further replies.