10/18 - Wait Until Dark Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Was their any conclusion to the discussion earlier with the ads on the right but saying not found on goog searches for barcodes? They have been that way for me for a long time and at first I would click and look it over and find the numbers didn't match or weren't even there so I have been marking not found ever since. The posts got me worried but then a moth flew by so I chased it and forgot to follow the discussion.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Was their any conclusion to the discussion earlier with the ads on the right but saying not found on goog searches for barcodes? They have been that way for me for a long time and at first I would click and look it over and find the numbers didn't match or weren't even there so I have been marking not found ever since. The posts got me worried but then a moth flew by so I chased it and forgot to follow the discussion.
I've never seen a shopping result that gave a wrong result (as in the page explicitly had a upc that didn't match the search). As I stated in the post, most of the upcs on those pages are hidden in the page source, so you won't see them.

A lot of workers use adblock. I used it on them for more than a year and never submitted results from those pages, until recently. So it's not a question of rejections or blocks or something, it's about submitting the best work and the most complete results. With that in mind, I would and do submit those results.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never seen a shopping result that gave a wrong result (as in the page explicitly had a upc that didn't match the search). As I stated in the post, most of the upcs on those pages are hidden in the page source, so you won't see them.

A lot of workers use adblock. I used it on them for more than a year and never submitted results from those pages, until recently. So it's not a question of rejections or blocks or something, it's about submitting the best work and the most complete results. With that in mind, I would and do submit those results.
Excellent, that is what I was looking for :) I felt weird about them and would even return them for a while.

Reactions: <Gucci>

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score

So... TLDR don't use adblock and check shopping results for upcs?

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i am alive. grateful to be here

i dont use many scripts honestly. still meh news earlier. i'm just eating cereal at the moment. trying to keep it real
I have never used any in hits, but I do use them to find hits. Wow, you do really well on here. Do you not use PC? It was so hard to catch stuff before I started using it.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Peachy

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score

Excellent, that is what I was looking for :) I felt weird about them and would even return them for a while.
I used to return those at first, but lately I've been marking them as "Item not found" since I thought they were just ads lol. I'm also marking "item not found" the ones with results in foreign languages.

Reactions: SAJ and <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.