Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, right? :wink:

That's like me and those stockings. The black pair I have, I've only worn once. Those stripes, though....
I got the striped stockings, a ring, a mug and a headband. I have a problem. We should do photoshoots.

Reactions: <Gucci> and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I got the striped stockings, a ring, a mug and a headband. I have a problem. We should do photoshoots.
Haha, nice. I'm trying to curb my spending, so I just got the stockings and a ring. I could have easily splurged, though.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
OK. Took some effort but hit my $20 goal for the day.
Today's Projected Earnings: $20.00 + Bonuses: $0.01 = $20.01

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Got this message from a HIT:

Note on Payment and Amazon Fee Increases
As some of you may know, on July 22nd, 2015 Amazon effectively quadrupled its fees for high-volume requesters. Before that day, Amazon charged 10% of whatever we paid to workers, but now it takes a full 40% of what is paid to workers. While the reasons for this price increase are unclear, its effects are crystal clear: because we are in a time of limited research funding, this will lead to a reduction in either 1) the number of HITs created by academics, 2) the level of pay workers receive, or 3) both of these things. In order to continue running these short studies on MTurk at all, Amazon has forced me to reduce the pay associated with them by a few cents (and I'm still paying more overall than I used to!). If you can, please take a moment to tell Amazon to roll back its fee increase, or at least introduce an academic discount for researchers, since that would only mean more HITs and more money per HIT for the valuable work you do. Thanks!

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

As some of you may know, on July 22nd, 2015 Amazon effectively quadrupled its fees for high-volume requesters. Before that day, Amazon charged 10% of whatever we paid to workers, but now it takes a full 40% of what is paid to workers. While the reasons for this price increase are unclear, its effects are crystal clear: because we are in a time of limited research funding, this will lead to a reduction in either 1) the number of HITs created by academics, 2) the level of pay workers receive, or 3) both of these things. In order to continue running these short studies on MTurk at all, Amazon has forced me to reduce the pay associated with them by a few cents (and I'm still paying more overall than I used to!). If you can, please take a moment to tell Amazon to roll back its fee increase, or at least introduce an academic discount for researchers, since that would only mean more HITs and more money per HIT for the valuable work you do. Thanks!
Very common you will see many of these.
Nothing the workers can do. We don't have a labor union. Still was strange the first time I saw it.

Reactions: tempo

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I need to add to my whole 4 hours of sleep I got last night. Aiming for 6 or 7 hours tonight. See you in the morning.

Reactions: Cmoney and <Gucci>

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

Yeah, that message has been popping up in HITs since probably about July 23rd, 2015. I think any chance of Amazon changing their minds on those rate increases is probably long gone by now. They probably just keep it in their HITs so people don't complain about the pay.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Those changes are never going to roll back. Bezos need all the money he can get right now, rocket paint jobs are really expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.