10/08 - Mr. Wizard Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
THIS HAS MADE MY DAY! :celebrate2:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Celso M. de Melo for work related to 3RIHDBQ1NF1Q7M12ESLLFJVSRK8MHK.
The value of your bonus is: $30.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Congratulations, you won the lottery for the "USC Research Study" you participated on Oct-4. Thank you again for your participation!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Mr_AvocadoMan

Reaction score
THIS HAS MADE MY DAY! :celebrate2:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Celso M. de Melo for work related to 3RIHDBQ1NF1Q7M12ESLLFJVSRK8MHK.
The value of your bonus is: $30.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Congratulations, you won the lottery for the "USC Research Study" you participated on Oct-4. Thank you again for your participation!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
I didn't know these were real! I always assume that they lie so that they could get away with not paying anyone. Congratulations!

Mr_AvocadoMan

Reaction score
Title: Whack-a-number game! Quit whenever you want! Headphones required. Bonus issue fixed; get up to $15/hr | Accept
Requester: bfm_res [A2DBP0Z0FTUI0Q] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.23] [Fast=3.13] [Comm=3.33] [Fair=4.77] [Reviews=31] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.74] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.35
Duration: 3300
Available: 1
Description: New time format: Quit when you want (or will run very long). Timeout in 90mins, but we prefer you run less than that!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Here we go again[/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: Upload a video of your face in low lighting | Accept
Requester: Daniel Worku [A1BBDIX5I4BS2R] Contact
TO: [Pay=1.67] [Fast=2.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.80] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=72.00] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 15.00
Duration: 2640
Description: The goal of this HIT is to collect face video data taken from the low-lighting condition and extreme lighting conditions. The videos we expect should cover various face angles, various lighting directions, and various facial motions.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Location In US-AL, US-AR, US-DE, US-FL, US-GA, US-IA, US-KS, US-KY, US-LA, US-MD, US-MN, US-MO, US-MS, US-ND, US-NE, US-OK, US-SC, US-SD, US-TN, US-TX, US-VA, US-WV
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LisaPisa

Dmillan

Reaction score
Title: Upload a video of your face in low lighting | Accept
Requester: Daniel Worku [A1BBDIX5I4BS2R] Contact
TO: [Pay=1.67] [Fast=2.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.80] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=72.00] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 15.00
Duration: 2640
Description: The goal of this HIT is to collect face video data taken from the low-lighting condition and extreme lighting conditions. The videos we expect should cover various face angles, various lighting directions, and various facial motions.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Location In US-AL, US-AR, US-DE, US-FL, US-GA, US-IA, US-KS, US-KY, US-LA, US-MD, US-MN, US-MO, US-MS, US-ND, US-NE, US-OK, US-SC, US-SD, US-TN, US-TX, US-VA, US-WV
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
The dislike for the pacific northwest is real.

Veltora Otew

Got Milk!
Reaction score
Title: Live Negotiation Study | Accept
Requester: Research Lab [A6V564IU1K9DQ] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=14.13] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 1800
Description: Negotiate with our in-lab participants.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Blocked DoesNotExist ; Location NotIn US-CA; ParticipatedInValidation DoesNotExist ; ParticipatedInNegotiation DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
13min in slow mode

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Anyone of y'all live close to Destin, Fl? My grandchildren and their mom are there on spring break. If so could you give me a weather update? It's not looking good from what I've seen and they are talking about riding it out, I'm scared to death. Thanks ahead of time.
I think it's only a cat 1. I used to live near there (in Tally). Keep in mind, that those areas are used to cat 1 storms. The locals know what to do. There will be damage and some flooding, if they get a direct hit - but, really, that whole area is really experienced in hurricanes. Also, the typography is better equipped to manage the flooding (than the carolina's, for instance).

If they get away from the coast and are in a safe building, they should be fine. (Though I hope they don't have a car there - and if they do, they need to follow what others say - the locals - in terms of where to park it. Trees often fall on cars, during hurricanes and tropical storms. I used to park ours at a local park, where there were no trees. It was safer than in my driveway.

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's only a cat 1. I used to live near there (in Tally). Keep in mind, that those areas are used to cat 1 storms. The locals know what to do. There will be damage and some flooding, if they get a direct hit - but, really, that whole area is really experienced in hurricanes. Also, the typography is better equipped to manage the flooding (than the carolina's, for instance).

If they get away from the coast and are in a safe building, they should be fine. (Though I hope they don't have a car there - and if they do, they need to follow what others say - the locals - in terms of where to park it. Trees often fall on cars, during hurricanes and tropical storms. I used to park ours at a local park, where there were no trees. It was safer than in my driveway.
Thank you for the info.

Mr_AvocadoMan

Reaction score
Title: Whack-a-number game! Quit whenever you want! Headphones required. Bonus issue fixed; get up to $15/hr | Accept
Requester: bfm_res [A2DBP0Z0FTUI0Q] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.23] [Fast=3.13] [Comm=3.33] [Fair=4.77] [Reviews=31] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.74] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.35
Duration: 3300
Description: New time format: Quit when you want (or will run very long). Timeout in 90mins, but we prefer you run less than that!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Here we go again[/td][/tr]
This was was more annoying than the other ones I think.

Reactions: Itsmee

jan

Reaction score
Title: Outline objects in this image | Accept
Requester: Maani Ghaffari Jadidi [AN6QYAOK4M2V] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1500
Available: 8
Description: Please look at this image, outline all object, and enter the object's names. Should be less than 10min per job. If any error happens, feel free to let us know. We will try our best to fix it.
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

LisaPisa

Reaction score

You're right; it is a cat 1 right now. It's expected to strengthen to a cat 3 over the next 24 hours, according to the latest forecast. Absolutely listen to the locals, and that's a good tip about the car. Good info.

jan

Reaction score
You're right; it is a cat 1 right now. It's expected to strengthen to a cat 3 over the next 24 hours, according to the latest forecast. Absolutely listen to the locals, and that's a good tip about the car. Good info.

Then I'd tell them to get inland a bit. Destin is too close to the water. Too many trees will come down and there will be a lot of damage right along the water (esp). I've driven around there right after a hurricane.....it's not pretty.

And they are going to lose power for awhile. My guess is that Tally is already packed with folks - but I'd head there if they can find a room. At the very least......gas up.

KYKITTY @KYKITTY

Last edited:

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Then I'd tell them to get inland a bit. Destin is too close to the water. Too many trees will come down and there will be a lot of damage right along the water (esp). I've driven around there right after a hurricane.....it's not pretty.

And they are going to lose power for awhile. My guess is that Tally is already packed with folks - but I'd head there if they can find a room. At the very least......gas up.

KYKITTY @KYKITTY
Daughter in law just called they are making them leave by 12 tomorrow. Their getting gas right now, said it was a awful line, going to dinner leaving first thing in the morning, hope that's not to late with all the traffic.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
bring on the red sox or yankees

theeeesee southerrrnnnnn boys are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.