Requester: Veronica Derricks [A1HI0GOH68M33S] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.12] [Fast=4.76] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=30] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.69] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 4
Description: Give us your perspective on college students' experiences
Qualifications: 0509ff90 DoesNotExist ; dda3eb45 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-1173773831-122045] DoesNotExist ; 90860b7c DoesNotExist ; 2dce20ad DoesNotExist ; 1c9cfe2f DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Jerami

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Already did my sweaty, toddler assisted hour of yoga this morning.

Caught my first survey on Prolific this week, too, so maybe that's a sign that we are about to turn the corner?

If turk is slow today it's back to my New Year's pet project: I dusted off a manuscript I gave up on nearly a decade ago when I wrote myself into a corner after 72,000 words. I've spent the past couple months deconstructing, re-writing the outline at least six times, finally threw the outline out and just began writing the story from scratch without an outline. Last night I got my first 570 words down in 30 minutes of writing. Looking to double that today.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Messages tone survey | Accept
Requester: Adi Eshkol [A1KVST1ZMBBPSW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 35:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer a survey about the tone of messages
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
5 minutes[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Jerami

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just estimated my taxes for when I get my w2...even with turk earnings tax being taken away I'll still get a decent amount of money back. phew.
I can't even remember what all is taken out for self-employment. I'm dumb about taxes. i should probably calculate it though so I know what to expect...:grimace:

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Just estimated my taxes for when I get my w2...even with turk earnings tax being taken away I'll still get a decent amount of money back. phew.
Did you take 20% off the top of your turk earnings?

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did you take 20% off the top of your turk earnings?
I've been taking 30% off just to be safe, is 20% all you really need to put back? What % do you guys put aside for taxes, this will be my first time doing the turk taxes. And yes i have read the taxes for turkers *nods*.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
And Mornin' Folks :coffee3:, got caught up in a 40 minute task as soon as i came on today, not complaining after the lack of work recently though

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been taking 30% off just to be safe, is 20% all you really need to put back? What do you guys do, this will be my first time doing the turk taxes. And yes i have read the taxes for turkers *nods*.
A1. Section 199A of the Internal Revenue Code provides many taxpayers a deduction for qualified business income from a qualified trade or business operated directly or through a pass-through entity. The deduction has two components.

1. Eligible taxpayers may be entitled to a deduction of up to 20 percent of qualified business income (QBI) from a domestic business operated as a sole proprietorship or through a partnership, S corporation, trust or estate. For taxpayers with taxable income that exceeds $315,000 for a married couple filing a joint return, or $157,500 for all other taxpayers, the deduction is subject to limitations such as the type of trade or business, the taxpayer’s taxable income, the amount of W-2 wages paid by the qualified trade or business and the unadjusted basis immediately after acquisition (UBIA) of qualified property held by the trade or business. Income earned through a C corporation or by providing services as an employee is not eligible for the deduction.

A5. A qualified trade or business is any trade or business, with two exceptions:
    1. Specified service trade or business (SSTB), which includes a trade or business involving the performance of services in the fields of health, law, accounting, actuarial science, performing arts, consulting, athletics, financial services, investing and investment management, trading, dealing in certain assets or any trade or business where the principal asset is the reputation or skill of one or more of its employees. This exception only applies if a taxpayer’s taxable income exceeds $315,000 for a married couple filing a joint return, or $157,500 for all other taxpayers

I meant in regards to that, I'm not a CPA of course, but based on the wording it would appear to apply to me. Obviously I'd discuss it with someone more qualified to be sure though, but that was my impression.

Belkor

Reaction score
A1. Section 199A of the Internal Revenue Code provides many taxpayers a deduction for qualified business income from a qualified trade or business operated directly or through a pass-through entity. The deduction has two components.

1. Eligible taxpayers may be entitled to a deduction of up to 20 percent of qualified business income (QBI) from a domestic business operated as a sole proprietorship or through a partnership, S corporation, trust or estate. For taxpayers with taxable income that exceeds $315,000 for a married couple filing a joint return, or $157,500 for all other taxpayers, the deduction is subject to limitations such as the type of trade or business, the taxpayer’s taxable income, the amount of W-2 wages paid by the qualified trade or business and the unadjusted basis immediately after acquisition (UBIA) of qualified property held by the trade or business. Income earned through a C corporation or by providing services as an employee is not eligible for the deduction.

A5. A qualified trade or business is any trade or business, with two exceptions:
    1. Specified service trade or business (SSTB), which includes a trade or business involving the performance of services in the fields of health, law, accounting, actuarial science, performing arts, consulting, athletics, financial services, investing and investment management, trading, dealing in certain assets or any trade or business where the principal asset is the reputation or skill of one or more of its employees. This exception only applies if a taxpayer’s taxable income exceeds $315,000 for a married couple filing a joint return, or $157,500 for all other taxpayers

I meant in regards to that, I'm not a CPA of course, but based on the wording it would appear to apply to me. Obviously I'd discuss it with someone more qualified to be sure though, but that was my impression.
Very insightful regardless. Thanks for this.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Folks, the best advice is to talk to someone who does taxes for a profession - even if it's just someone at H & R Block or something similar.

Every year we debate it to death. The tax code is confusing, evolving, and a general pain in the ass.

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Consumer preferences(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Gretchen Wilroy [A2838D6FW15B6Y] (Req TV): $8.97/hr
(TO): [Pay: 2.90] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
You will be asked to answer questions renting out your own possessions as well as provide basic demographic information.
Time: 45 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 100000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 93; Location In US;

Status
Not open for further replies.